All reviews bike trail fire pit root river the upper level would definitely stay here again home away from home great place to stay pam brewsters apartment butternut hillside town bikes yard deck minnesota
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location to bike trails, restaurants, and shopping. Our view of the town was perfect. Pam and Jim are the best hosts...and really funny. We enjoyed being unplugged for 3 days!

We stayed in the Cedar Apartment - clean, quiet and great deck to relax on.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2017

We love the town of Lanesboro but had not stayed at Brewsters. So glad we did. the owners were very welcoming, the rooms spotless, the location great. It was so nice to sit in the gardens and watch the bikers go by! We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Simply put, the Red Hotel is one of the most welcoming inns I've found. Staying here helped make my trip to Lanesboro a memorable one. My room was cozy, clean and quiet, with a comfortable bed and an up-to-date bath. Just outside, a shaded hill offers a small patio, Adirondack chairs and even a hammock! The innkeepers really want you to feel at home here. Jim was attentive and informative, offering good advice on restaurants, sights, and the nearby Root River bike trail. For part of two days, I borrowed one of the inn's bicycles and covered much of the 60-mile trail, enjoying the woods, small towns (and strawberry rhubarb pie!) along the way. From the Red Hotel, I could walk to any part of Lanesboro in about 10 minutes. In fact, between bicycling and walking, I was able to keep my car parked at the inn's small lot for my entire stay! Again, the Red Hotel, with its welcoming spirit and peaceful setting, is a big reason that I enjoyed my trip to scenic little Lanesboro so much. The inn and town are definitely a relaxing getaway from Chicago. I'm thankful to have stayed here, and I hope to be back.

Room Tip: My room overlooked a gentle hill, which provided a scenic view and a quiet setting.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Pam W, Owner at Brewster's Red Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Alan, I recall that you were looking for a getaway to unplug from the business of the BIG city. We thank you for your review and are happy that you enjoyed a peaceful time on our hill and in Lanesboro!

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Every year I go to Lanesboro to bike and just enjoy the town, Jim and Pam always do a wonderful job making us feel more than welcome and making sure we have a great time and recommend fun places for us to eat and go to, this is our fifth year staying with them and we never have had anything but a great time the rooms are always spotless and you always feel like it's a home away from home I highly recommend staying at the red hotel!!

Stayed: August 2017
Pam W, Owner at Brewster's Red Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2017

Thanks Luke for your review. I can't believe it has been 5 yrs. and hope you don't forget about us when you start the next chapter of college! We would miss you both.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Just returned from our first stay and it was great. The entire facility is beautiful, clean, and well maintained. Pam was really great and offered recommendations for places for us to stop on our extended bike ride. We are planning many future trips to Brewsters Red Hotel; biking, skiing, girls weekends, and get togethers.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Pam W, Owner at Brewster's Red Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Thanks Mary for the nice review. We are happy you girls enjoyed our hillside and lanesboro. You certainly got your riding in! We look forward to having you back.