“Good food and nice staff”

Cascade Lodge Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Lutsen
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award winning serving breakfast until 2pm, lunch from 11-close and dinner from 4-C. Handcrafted meals, vegetarian options, fresh fish seasonally. Happy hour 3-6 pm with half price appetizers and drink specials from our full bar. Pub and Restaurant open daily except for Christmas day.
Reviewed September 26, 2018

Good food and very friendly staff. Service was a little slow but I guess that means you know your meal is fresh. Good selections of meals, slightly pricey but not too bad.

Reviewed September 25, 2018

Went to the Cascade Pub for Happy Hour drinks and appetizers. The food was great, service was flawless and happy hour prices were great! We went back for breakfast the next morning and were very disappointed. The coffee was not drinkable. It was so weak you could see the bottom of the cup. so we asked the waiter to take the coffee back. He didn't offer to make a new pot. Two of us ordered eggs benedict which had to be the absolute worst eggs benedict ever. It was hard to tell what they made the sauce out of, but it was not edible. The waiter asked how everything was and we told him 'not very good at all' and he left. Very disappointing breakfast and according to some much better reviews about breakfast, I'm guessing it is a staffing/training problem causing inconsistency. Don't waste your money on breakfast here.

cascadelodge, Owner at Cascade Lodge Restaurant & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

I am very sorry to hear of your experience with us. While it is no excuse, our Sunday morning staff opened a case of the wrong coffee packets and used these much smaller packets of coffee grounds that are intended for the small coffee makers in our rooms and cabins. Obviously this resulted in extremely weak coffee. This was corrected after about an hour and while we all agree that it is a horrible mistake, we hope that we can be forgiven. We are often complimented on our coffee as it is roasted in Minnesota and is a good product. However it would never be good if the proper amount is not used.
I’m am also sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the eggs Benedict. Two reviews below you another guest claims it is the best eggs Benedict they have ever had. Although we clearly did not meet your expectations we hope that you understand that we are a family owned and operated business and work hand-ons to try and provide an excellent experience for each guest.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

We had great service & good appetizers one night and the worst eggs Benedict ever with undrinkable coffee the next morning. Breakfast cost more than dinner and a waste of money. Go to Grand Marais.

1  Thank Mary G

I am very sorry to hear of your experience. We had a staff person make a mistake this past Sunday and opened a case of coffee that was meant for the small coffee makers in the lodge rooms and cabins. Obviously making large amounts of coffee with a small amount of beans will result in weak coffee. This issue was addressed after about an hour, far too long, but nevertheless it happened and it was fixed. We are sorry. Our menus are posted online at our website, including prices. Breakfast does not cost more than dinner. If however you enjoyed our 50% off appetizers for dinner during our Happy Hour then I could see how that would lower the dinner price.
We are a family owned and operated business while we missed the mark with you, which again, I am truly sorry for, we serve many, many happy guests each and every day.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

I had the pleasure of staying four nights at Cascade Lodge. I opted for the breakfast package and I'm happy I did. The Eggs Benedict were delicious. The servers from Turkey, Greece and elsewhere were all friendly and truly seemed to be enjoying life. They also have a killer happy hour 3-6 everyday. Even music in the evenings sometimes. All around a great spot.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Went to Cascade for breakfast. The service was acceptable but the place is disgusting. I wanted to put salt on my food but couldn't because the salt shaker is completely plugged. It's nasty. The open window that we sat next to had an extra amount of dust on it and the wind was blowing in. The restraunt needs a good cleaning. It's gross.

1  Thank L3472WSjadew

Been to Cascade Lodge Restaurant & Pub? Share your experiences!