“Decent Place for Dinner”

Cascade Lodge Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Lutsen
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Award winning serving breakfast until 2pm, lunch from 11-close and dinner from 4-C. Handcrafted meals, vegetarian options, fresh fish seasonally. Happy hour 3-6 pm with half price appetizers and drink specials from our full bar. Pub and Restaurant open daily except for Christmas day.
Reviewed October 11, 2018

We had dinner here with friends while on a recent trip to the North Shore. We arrived on a Sunday at about 6:15 with reservations and were seated right away. The interior is cozy and rustic. The four of us split an order of onion rings for an appetizer; OK but nothing special. For the main dish I had the fried walleye, my wife had the pork shanks and another in our party had the turkey dinner special. My wife and I ordered salads which never came; apparently the server mis-understood that we wanted them before the mains. The walleye was good, a very large filet breaded with breadcrumbs. I liked it but would have preferred a flour dredge. My walleye was fine, but our fourth companion had it too, and hers had several bones. The pork shanks turned out to be the best meal: my wife exclaimed as to how good they were, and based on the bite I had, I would agree. This meal was three small shanks with very good mashed potatoes. All of our meals had steamed broccoli with a light lemon butter coating which was OK, but on the turkey special the broccoli was swimming in this sauce and it was too much. We took home leftovers, as all the portions were large. The service was a little slow. Considering the place was about half full, the noise level was not bad at all. Except for the turkey special the mains were $18.95 each, which seemed a bit pricey. Overall this was a pretty good dining experience; not great, but good enough for a repeat visit.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights to explore waterfalls in the area. Our lodge room had a lovely view of Lake Superior and was clean and pleasant, nothing fancy but a comfortable place to rest our tired bodies at the end of a long day. We took advantage of the lodge pkg which included some meals at Cascade Restaurant and enjoyed every meal. The lodge is conveniently located across the hwy from Lake Superior and near several state parks, waterfalls, restaurants, trails, galleries etc. We recommend Cascade Lodge.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Loved the food and ambiance. Yelena was beyond awesome and she also shated recipes.
Will always go there when visiting again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Service was painfully slow. They explained all their seasonal help had just left and they were very understaffed. We ordered the special of the day and then told they were all out. Three of our orders arrived but the third which was just soup.......we had to hunt for a server to get it. We were almost done eating by the time the soup came. Never the less, they were apologetic and the food was quite good. I hope this was an anomaly in service for this icon on the North Shore.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 27, 2018

Great food, seemed to be busy anytime we went but friendly and quick service. Had Chicken and Mushroom pasta was very good!!

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to Cascade Lodge Restaurant & Pub? Share your experiences!