“Overall a Very Pleasant Stay”

Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lutsen
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I selected one of the newer units at Eagle Ridge Resort and took advantage of their fall special. The unit had some wear and tear and some details were overlooked with the construction finishing touches. However, the unit was spacious and clean and included a large kitchen, living room with fireplace, bedroom and a large deck with a fantastic view of Moose Mountain. The room phone didn't work the entire stay, but my cell phone had good reception. The resort has a quiet hours policy from 10pm til 8am which I really appreciated. I slept very well, even with the thin walls, since everyone in my building adhered to the quiet hours.

I enjoyed many of the things to do around the resort, including the hiking trails, gondola ride to Moose Mountain, the indoor/outdoor pool and the nightly bonfires with smores. I really liked the outdoor pool. It was very comfortable swimming outside with a night air temperature of about 50 degrees. On the negative side, the indoor pool and whirlpool area smelled strongly of bleach every day I was there. The women's dressing room did not have lockers or private changing areas. The options were to wait to use the one bathroom stall or change in the middle of the room.

The location of the resort can't be beat for fall colors and the easy access to Lutsen and the surrounding areas of the shore. All of the staff I encountered were friendly and happy to help with anything I needed. I'll be booking another stay at Eagle Ridge next year.

Room Tip: Eagle Ridge offers many different room types and has 5 separate buildings. Their website has tours o...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain

Reviewed 11 September 2011

My husband and I spend a weekend every year up on the north shore to hike. After reserching a bunch of placese we decided on the eagle ridge resort. The picutres on the website looked great and we really are not fussy people, all we wanted was a decent room with a hot shower and clean bed, we usually don't use the room a whole lot anyway. First off we are not complainers AT ALL, however we will never stay here again. We checked in Friday evening, thought the place looked great and were excited to start our vacation. Got to our room in building A, room seemed standard at best, worn furniture, older comforter but hey just need a place to sleep right. Well wrong. The minute I walked in the room I notice a HUGE stain or something on the comforter, and us not being complainers decided that its nice out we don't need it and took it off the bed. The next evening after we returned from hiking came to back to find that only the garbages had been emptied and the towels refilled. When we later asked the front desk about it they said they only replace towels and empty the garbage on a daily basis......OK fine not a big deal. I decided to make the bed myself and to my DISGUST found that the blanket we had used the night before was FILTHY, looked like it had just been pulled back up after the last guest, there was NO WAY that could have been washed....as was the comforter.........and the extra blanket that was in the room. Staff was very helpful and quickly attempeted to get the problem fixed only the next blanket that was brought to us was dirty as well. Never have I ever had such a filthy room. Otherwise very pleasant stay and staff was friendly and very appologetic. Talked with the GM when we checked out and he was very uspest thishad happened.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rskwira
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Very old and beat up. Would have moved rooms if they had anything else avaiable. Would not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank chanmas
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed at Eagle Ridge for 4 nights. Practically had the whole place to ourselves. It's a great location for hiking the state and national parks up and down the North Shore. We could hear the Poplar river rushing below the ridgeline at night out on the deck. It was very relaxing.

The rooms were very spacious and well equiped for the price. We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo, and everyone loved it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We were concerned after reading some bad reviews online, but our experience was excellent. All the staff were friendly and a went above and beyond to make us comfortable. The facilities were clean, well maintained and fun. The kids enjoyed the pool and the alpine slide. The kitchen was well equipped for cooking in the condo. Beds were comfortable. Definitely recommend. Excellent value!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jobole
Reviewed 19 July 2011

NEVER STAY HERE!!!.... I repeat NEVER STAY at Eagle Ridge Resort.
Recently E.R.R offered a "weekend" get-a-way through a "deal a day" vendor. When I called to ask about availably I could not get through to confirm they had rooms available for the weekend I wanted. I went ahead and looked online for the weekend which said they had 8 rooms available. After I purchased the deal I called to make the reservation I was told they didn't have rooms available for not only the weekend I wanted but every weekend until the deal expired. I called back the next day and I was told they did have rooms available just not for that deal. I talked to the manager who confirmed they had availability but would not honor the deal.

How can you offer a deal and NOT honor that deal when you DO have rooms available?

In my opinion the owners/managers are crooks for taking money for a weekend deal but then not honor that deal when people call......WHEN ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jlensing
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Stayed 3 days and wanted another night but they were booked. Never saw night security, Had to call police because of noise and we never saw them. The phone worked less than half the stay. Couldn't get internet.
The room was exceptional clean but never saw maid service until one called to see if we needed anything because we had a do not disturb sign on door all the time. 2 young men came up with more towels and coffee...skiing was terrific but don't eat at their restaurant....the worse service I have ever had.
Registration office is past the resort....no signs ....we spent 15 min.s walking until we found some one to tell us where it was.
The biggest thing I missed was no information in the room on activities, places to eat, churches in the area, stores ... no information anywhere.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fkoger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lutsen
2.9 km away
0.4 km away
Caribou Highlands Lodge
7.6 km away
The Cliff Dweller on Lake Superior

Been to Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain? Share your experiences!