I selected one of the newer units at Eagle Ridge Resort and took advantage of their fall special. The unit had some wear and tear and some details were overlooked with the construction finishing touches. However, the unit was spacious and clean and included a large kitchen, living room with fireplace, bedroom and a large deck with a fantastic view of Moose Mountain. The room phone didn't work the entire stay, but my cell phone had good reception. The resort has a quiet hours policy from 10pm til 8am which I really appreciated. I slept very well, even with the thin walls, since everyone in my building adhered to the quiet hours.
I enjoyed many of the things to do around the resort, including the hiking trails, gondola ride to Moose Mountain, the indoor/outdoor pool and the nightly bonfires with smores. I really liked the outdoor pool. It was very comfortable swimming outside with a night air temperature of about 50 degrees. On the negative side, the indoor pool and whirlpool area smelled strongly of bleach every day I was there. The women's dressing room did not have lockers or private changing areas. The options were to wait to use the one bathroom stall or change in the middle of the room.
The location of the resort can't be beat for fall colors and the easy access to Lutsen and the surrounding areas of the shore. All of the staff I encountered were friendly and happy to help with anything I needed. I'll be booking another stay at Eagle Ridge next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Ridge has 75 slope-side studios and condominiums set amidst the peaceful Sawtooth Mountains where guests play by day and relax by night. Each of our units have been designed to complement the natural beauty of the surrounding Superior National Forest and of Lake Superior; stunning views of both are right outside your door. All rooms feature a gas fireplace and patio overlooking the mountains and Poplar River valley along with refrigerator, microwave and TV/DVD. Many rooms have a whirlpool and all of our condos have a full kitchen. While you're here, enjoy the only indoor/outdoor heated pool on the mountain (heated year-round), whirlpool and sauna, and in the summer the campfire pit is a great place to build a fire and make s'mores! Pet reservations are accepted between Mid-April - October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Ridge At Lutsen Mountain Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Hotel Lutsen
- Eagle Ridge Resort Lutsen