“Great New Menu, Good Atmosphere, Awesome Service”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 126 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Cuisines: American
Description: In Manhattan in 1965, there was no place where people could go out to meet friends and make new ones in an environment that was at once both relaxed and yet exciting. Then, Alan Stillman opened Fridays as a way, he said, "to meet Pan Am stewardesses." Suddenly, there was a place with great food, new and exciting drinks and an electric energy. A place where bartenders mixed the environment just as well as they mixed drinks. In short, a place like nowhere else. Today, Fridays in Maple Grove, MN is still America's most iconic bar and grill. We embrace and celebrate our heritage as a bar. One that just happens to serve killer food in an environment where it's always Friday.
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Went here on a Saturday night to try the new 2 meats and 2 sides for $14.99 and the place was very busy, but they got people seated quickly and we were able to get a table for 3 in about 30 minutes.

The new menu is very good. I had steak and chicken. You get Broccoli and I think mashed potatoes included, or pick from a bunch of optional sides for $2 bucks or so more. I got mac and cheese and broccoli.

The people I had dinner with got some cocktails and said they were very yummy.

Definitely would go back for dinner or lunch again. Convenient location and mammoth parking lot shared, so always parking.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

Stopped here for lunch as I had received a gift card. Service was excellent but it took longer than expected to receive our food which shouldn't have been the case. Arrived around11:45 on a Friday but restaurant was not even half full. Might have been a problem in the kitchen. The burger I ordered was very good along with the salad. Would come back if I had the opportunity.

Reviewed February 5, 2018

We used to work here many years ago back in the days of the suspenders and pins when everyone was always smiling and gave awesome service with an awesome meal. Then we became regulars for after work happy hour because of a few of the bartenders - seems the last few times we have been here it has dropped dramatically downhill from the lacking service, to the hostess not checking us in on our reservations and now to the food-we will try another location to see if the same situation before fully give up entirely. We were here hours before superbowl for a quick lunch and it was only about 1/3 full - service was fine as it seemed she was trying hard to do her job for the lacking of food issue. Drinks took awhile from single bartender who did not smile once-as we usually get greeted by everyone when this slow inside. We wanted to order 2 flat iron steak dinners and were told that someone was running to another store to get some as they were out and that they were taking them off the menu anyway-ok, have ordered this meal every time and love it-so we were told they had sirloins left-only two though-but they would not discount anything - wow, so we ordered and they came out fine, but this would never have happened before with a server who knew us-we did not blame her, but she could have at least told the manager to see us when we clearly requested him/her to be asked since it was not our fault they had no flat irons available.
We just got a bad vibe overall in comparison to our past visits. We are slightly saddened by this as it is so close to home and we always liked the place.

Reviewed December 23, 2017

Was well decorated, plenty of TVs, good selection of local beers on tap which was impressive. Good menu selection, food was served very quickly and was delicious. Friendly staff (sat at the bar and ordered from there). Fairly busy--a good sign.

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

This place has its ups and downs. I have come here in a total of 4 times throughout the year. I can say I had only had a good meal here once. Last month I came here I came with my family. The service was great but a tad slow. When the appetizers came out they were cold and not good at all. When my meal came out my burger was over cooked more of a hockey puck. All in all this place is the worst. I love Fridays especially when I lived in Florida I would go biweekly but this one I will not come to anymore.