“Good Food Good Service”

The Lookout Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lookout Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 133 Restaurants in Maple Grove
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: The Lookout Bar and Grill has been a family-owned Maple Grove gathering spot since 1958. We got our start when Bob Kinnan opened a small bar that sold 30¢ beers. Over the decades, we’ve grown to include everything our neighbors need for a fun, laid-back night out: homemade meals, live music, and even a beautiful patio to relax on. Our private rooms and catering offer the perfect chance to make your next event fun and easy, and that way you can enjoy your favorite meals (including our famous BBQ) as you celebrate.
Reviewed February 21, 2018

We stopped in for the Broasted Chicken buffet dinner. I expected the chicken to be crispy but it was a bit greasy and not crispy, maybe from sitting in the steam table. It was very good. A bonus was the ribs at the buffet. Well smoked, meaty and cooked just right. Mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and dessert. It was plenty of food. Our server was attentive and the meal was good.

Mike K, Owner at The Lookout Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2018

It's wonderful you enjoyed everything from the entrees to the sides, Dan. The buffet is all about eating until you're full and satisfied, and it sounds like the ribs and mashed potatoes did the trick. While the chicken may not have been exactly what you were expecting, I'm still glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to hearing what you try during your next visit.

See you again,

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Three of us went there for their all you can eat crab legs, as described on their website. Upon arriving I was told they haven't had crab in quite a few years! Duh, then take it off your website! I ordered a Margarita flatbread and I took one bite and that was it....it was truly awful. Our waitress never asked me why I didn't eat my food. Terrible customer service! She asked if I wanted a to go container and I said no. Still never asked why. Unreal! The two other people with me had their bbq buffet. Their ribs were so fatty that they couldn't eat them. Just nasty gross! We ordered two apps ...stuffed mushrooms which were good, not great. We also ordered steak bites. They were awful....fatty and tough. None of us will ever eat there again. The food was awful!!!!

1  Thank jhopmn
Mike K, Owner at The Lookout Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Although it's been quite a while since you left this, I want to apologize for the confusion with the crab legs. That advertisement has since been removed from our website, but I only wish we'd done so sooner. As for the rest of your meal, it's disappointing the flatbread and ribs fell short of expectations. We only use high-quality ingredients and make everything to order, but had we known you weren't satisfied, we would've been happy to bring you something else. All that being said, I can assure you that we've made some improvements over the last few months, and I have confidence you'll have a much better experience if you give us another shot. I hope we have a chance to earn back your business in the future.

All the best,

Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

We stopped by there because we've heard there was live music on Saturday night. We ordered orange mule and raspberry long ice tea. Live music set up wasn't good and couldn't hear singer. Orange mule tasted very strong and long ice tea tasted like wine coolers. Nothing tastes like we're used to from all over the states. The carpet smells and so as the bathrooms. What odds we found, there were teenagers dancing in front of all the alcohol drinkers and bands. Small children were allowed to be there yet when we're about to leave, I'm seeing guards were standing at the door cards the customers who were coming into the establishment. It was very awkward to us. I don't think we will be back there again. They need to hire bartender who knows what he/she is doing.

Mike K, Owner at The Lookout Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2018

I apologize if your experience wasn't quite what you were expecting. While we do card all adults, younger children are allowed to visit so long as they're with a parent or guardian. It's disappointing your drinks weren't mixed quite to your taste -- however, I'm confident we'll get them right next time. It's been a while since you left this, and I hope you'll consider giving us another chance. We're always using customer feedback to improve, so I'm sure we'll show you a better time.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Overall, a good place, but I have to tell you sometimes the service is lacking - crabby service overworked or understaffed. I usually go when it is not busy ( 3 PM) and it takes while to get acknowledged, get a drink, etc. But the atmosphere is nice, the bands are great and food is okay.

Worth checking out to form your own opinion.

Mike K, Owner at The Lookout Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Jarrod, your feedback is always appreciated, and I apologize if our team missed the mark on a few occasions. That said, it's been a while since you left this, and I'm confident we've improved since then. Come visit us again and see for yourself.

Hope to see you,

Reviewed May 25, 2017

Had the large beer for $5 on special and the salad bar with the amazing chicken potato soup, then had the chicken and ribs dinner and it was all amazing-enough for 3 meals for me so that was even better of a deal. Was busy but not too loud inside, service was great from Jen and they seem to have all kinds of offerings for karaoke and patio service to daily specials that are a great addition. We will return to sit on patio.

Mike K, Owner at The Lookout Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

There's nothing better than when a delicious meal lasts more than one sitting, Julia. I know it's been a while since you left this, but I hope you've been back many more times to enjoy the patio and karaoke. Would love to see you again soon!

Can't wait,