“Nice Sports Bar”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2018

The thing I liked most about Jakes was the variety of items on the menu. Also, the evening we were there, a delicious smell of BBQ was present through out the restaurant.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

We visited during happy hour(s), so it was quiet and the service was excellent and thoughtful.

It was apparent that staff are encouraged to eat the food, so our server was knowledgeable about what we were ordering.

We ordered Grilled Bruschetta as an appetizer between the 2 of us, and it was delicious. Readers can look up the menu on line to see the ingredients, but it was great, and unexpectedly four pieces. At $6 during HH, we could have eaten very cheaply. However, we had forgotten how big the servings are, so our main item at full price was huge. I had the Greek Chicken Flatbread, which came with a sizable salad. My wife had the smoked turkey melt which came with fries. Both were excellent, but we struggled to eat more than half. Maybe we will finish it tomorrow.

One feature of many chain restaurants is the overly loud music, which makes conversation almost impossible for some of us. No such problem here, background music was right where it should have been, in the background.

I also had a glass of Riesling which was not on the happy hour list, but which still merits a dollar off. 6oz = $6.25. I can't claim to be an expert on wine, but of those I've tasted in the USA, this one was very much to my liking.

The total cost of our meal was $47 + tip, and next time we visit, we might only have an appetizer or two.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

A few years ago Jakes was pretty good. After tonight I would say they are not keeping up. We ordered two mojitos and were very disappointed. Barely any rum, two small mint leaves and a lot of 7-up. I asked if they use lime juice and was told they just squeeze a small lime into the drink. When I said this was the worst mojito I had ever had I got no response just the tab for $15.50. The food was a mixed review. The smoked turkey on Parmesan encrusted bread was very good. The fries would have been very good but were served lukewarm and over salted. The chicken enchiladas had no flavor and again the rice was nearly cold. I don’t know how long the food sat before it was brought to us but obviously it sat for awhile. I doubt we will return because too many restaurants in the area provide a similar menu but are more attentive.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We have been going to Jake’s for years and one thing we comment on each time is how long it takes to get the food after ordering. It’s more expensive than your average restaurant. The food is unique enough that we keep going back. We enjoy the daily specials.

Reviewed December 22, 2017

I recently visited Jake's Grill in Maplewood for 3rd and 4th visits and I would go again.
For one visit I had the fajitas that I had enjoyed the last time -- and they were still good. Plus the amount of food I got, especially when ordering the combo, meant that I had enough left to make a 2nd meal.

I also had the prime rib. It is a big portion (and probably the most expensive thing on the menu) but it was also excellent. The roasted vegetable medley it came with was equally good. I had a small Caesar salad which was also good.

Plenty of free parking; wheelchair accessible, and decent restroom facilities.

Date of visit: November 2017