“Older hotel but friendly staff..great pool area..great free breakfast!!!”
Review of Ramada Marshall

Ramada Marshall
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I was skeptical after reading reviews stating this hotel was horrible. I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice, comfortable hotel. It was in need of a few repairs, but this would not keep me from choosing this hotel in the future. The large pool/rec area was a hit for my 8 and 13 year old sons. The free breakfast was impressive and delicious! I would definately recommend this hotel to my friends and family!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Colequinn

Reviewed 2 June 2010

First off can I say that I walked in to see if they had joining rooms with a door in between, the lady told me that they did and it would be 89.99 for the first night and 99.99 for the second, not explaining both rooms where 89.99 a piece and 99.99 a piece. This was the worst expireience I have ever had and never will be returning to this hotel. I then check in and the lady at the front desk had given me and my husband two different keys to rooms that had been occupied and the rooms where smoking,we had asked with three children for no smoking. I then walked in and noticed that the room had been occupied so therefore I had to walk all the way downstairs to the front desk again and get new keys, she had appologized but really? Is that enough?.Also in those two days that I stayed there..there was no maids to come to my room...I am originally from marshall and will be returning to marshall again in the future but will I be returning to this hotel????????????/No.......sad to say and I will tell everyone not to go here too..Good luck with service!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank pore_23
Reviewed 11 May 2010

The good: the exercise room, microwave and refrigerator in room. Free wi-fi is available, but expected.
The bad: the smell! Cigarettes pervade the hallway and my room, and it is a non-smoking room!
The ugly: I will be here for 2 days.

The front desk fellow was polite. But he failed to give me an exercise room 'key' after I expressed interest in using it. He said I could come back and get it later. He should have just offered one ASAP. I explained that it would save me a trip to get it then, and he gave it to me.

Not a real bad place... but not very good either.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank the_original_Dude
Reviewed 1 October 2009

According to their information - this is the "only three star hotel in Marshall." I have stayed at to other properties before and found the others nice, clean, and caring and gave this Best Western a try only because a colleague that I was traveling with prefers this location because it was close to Applebee's.

The first indication that there was going to be problems is both door keys that I was given did not work. That was the highlight of the day, as things went downhill from there.

As soon as I walked into the room a couple of house flies greeted me.

The bathroom ceiling and walls had holes in them, the wallpaper was coming off of the walls. The carpet throughout the room had white stains appearing raised from the surface. The room had an armchair and a small table that was called a desk. The wireless Internet would work only after the hotel staff agreed to re-boot their router. The wired Internet connections did not work, and I was unable to get the hotel staff to believe that. They did offer to move me to another room closer to an access point for an additional $10.

I was foolish enough to stay at this location two days. I left my room about 10:00 AM the first day inserting the "housekeeping please" placard in the door. At 11:00 PM when I returned to my room I found it not cleaned, nothing was done. I called the front desk who could offer me one towel if I picked it up myself. The desk clerk also said that I likely put the placard in the door upside down showing "privacy." I told her that her assumption was incorrect, as when I walked to my room, I noticed the placard and wondered why it would still be in the door like it was.

On the upside, the location is very good, the bed was comfortable and the television worked.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2008

The room was not anything special. This place did have a bar. Bartender was nice. Food was edible. Played a few games of pool and called it a night.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 January 2008

Very basic hotel. Rooms clean and comfortable but nothing very exciting. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

Avoid the hotel restaurant, except maybe for breakfast, but head to downtown Marshall for a couple of good options - especially the Landmark Bistro.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2007

I was appalled from the moment I arrived until the moment I left! As I walked up to my room, I saw many holes in the ceiling where tiles had been removed, and there were dirty buckets down half of the hallway, catching dripping water. Those buckets stayed there for 24 hours. Upon check-in I was given a key to a room that was occupied. I had to carry my luggage back downstairs (no elevator) and was actually asked "are you sure?' by the front desk. The substitute room was dirty, there was hair in the shower and the bedspread had the imprint that someone had been sitting on it. After an inadequate touch-up by housekeeping, I actually went to WalMart and bought Clorox wipes and Clorox spray to ensure my bathroom was clean. Day two, housekeeping didn't even clean my room. I left the hotel at 11:30 and returned at 5:15 - I called down to the front desk and they said "housekeeping said you've had a do not disturb card in your door all day" and I said that wasn't true, I'd taken it out when I left before noon... and the receptionist had the gall to argue with me! I needed to shower for my evening event, so I asked for them to at least bring me clean towels, which were brought up within 10 minutes or so. I travel a lot for work and pleasure, and I have never had such a horrible hotel experience. NEVER stay here. Worst hotel experience of my life

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank prkitty