“A Lunch of 2 halves !”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2016

Visited this restaurant for lunch on a Sunday recently. You would drive past it and not notice the place as it just looks like a white house. Our greeting from the owners was genuine and warm. We were asked about drinks orders promptly and duly ordered sangria's (owners are of Spanish origin) beer and the customary Pastis. The menu choice is of 3 (which in essence are variations on the same theme) .... we chose the 35 euro menu which was a starter from the buffet, a main course ordered from the menu, cheese and a choice of desert. The buffet is very good (as mentioned by previous reviewers) there is a big choice of cold meats, foie gras, seafood (oysters prawns smoked salmon) and there is a choice o hot saint jaques, oysters gratinee etc ....you can have as much or as little as you want. Now moving onto the main courses .... these generally are typical of the area. Duck and chips, Pork and chips Faux fillet or steak and chips. There was a seafood gratin and 2 fish options. In summary we thought the main courses were very average. The fish (although cooked on an open fire) was dry, the faux fillets (also cooked on the fire) were tough. The pork although tender was very fatty and served 'warm' the cuisse de canard very ordinary. The cheese was served on a board with a choice of a few local cheeses .... nothing special. Moving onto deserts, again these were the same as most restaurants in the area ... creme brulee, Ile flottante, tiramisu (just whipped cream) ice cream. Overall we felt the meal was not good value for money, it appears they are generous with the buffet but cut back on the other courses.The family are delightful, friendly and happy to help. I wish I could give their food a better review but it really was not that special .... at best it was good .... but realistically it was average. There are many restaurants serving a similar menu for less in the area , this one's main difference is the buffet for the starters. I think on a weekday they offer a more reasonably priced menu, maybe a better choice if you want to visit.

Reviewed November 27, 2015

Enjoyed a nice meal, started with an amazing hot and cold buffet selection which I would score 4.5, the duck and chips a 3.5, followed by cheese and desert both 3, overall a 4 with good service and tasty sangria. 35/45 euro menu. Will be back regularly.

Reviewed May 1, 2015

As a birthday lunch, we dined here at La Maison. Upon arriving, it looked very unassuming from the outside and I began to have doubts. Once we entered, we were given a very warm welcome and shown to our table. We quickly learnt the history of the place and how it is a family business. I was still very cautious and wondered if this place was any good - however once we tasted the smoked salmon and various types of home made fois gras, I was sold! We had also ordered steaks which were cooked over the open fire infront of us. The portions were large and quality excellent.
It was very difficult to decide on desserts, although we managed.
I have no hesitation in recommending this place and will definitely be returning.

1  Thank melissa990
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Having visited this restaurant several times over the past few years and we were looking forward to our latest visit. However, it had really gone downhill since my last review, Firstly, the prices had increased enormously - the full lunch is now 35 euros, This price is the equivalent to much more upmarket restaurants but without the quality. The impressive thing about La Maison used to be it's food quality which might have justified the price rise if it had remained the same but it had declined as well. Food while copious was not as fresh or as tasty as before and the fall in quality was quite surprising.

5  Thank ckal0916
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in the area. They are beyond nice the 3 sisters that run the place along withe the chef who is married to one of the sisters. We are treated like long lost family an incredible buffet starter which could be your whole meal. The steak which is notoriously bad in the greater part of bistro France is to die for here. In fact the chef once told me that if my steak was not tender he would pay for my meal. And he didn't. Love it love love it

3  Thank Sukey51