“Anniversary celebration ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: organic cafe restaurant & wine bar. Chef owner operated
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

My husband & I celebrated our anniversary with another couple having dinner at Mendoberri last night.
2 had fillets, one salmon & one pork steak.
All were delighted with their choices! Prepared perfectly, just the right composition and a beautiful presentation.
We enjoyed the wine & beer we choose.
Service was attentive. Two were first time & will definitely be back, & it's our favorite.
Cheers to Chief Robert, he's the best!!

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

We come here often and really enjoy the food, wine and beer specials.
Today we stopped in and thought we would have a glass of wine and split a sandwich.
The only disappointment was we ordered at the entrance desk for food and paid sat and waited for food and drinks. While sitting we noticed the sign said Happy Hour 3-6pm. Hence we paid 10 dollars for a 5 dollar glass of happy hour wine.
Love this place keep an eye on happy hour offerings, cause your on your own.
I wish we would have known it was happy because our choices may have been different.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

My husband and I enjoyed a great meal here before a concert in downtown St. Paul. We started with the cheese plate, which was terrific, especially the combination of the blue cheese and the chutney. Then, my husband enjoyed the beef brisket sliders as his main dish. I had the braised pork shank risotto. It was delicious comfort food, perfect for a fall or winter day. It was perhaps a bit rich for summer, but I still loved it. Finally, we finished with the recommended apple strudel with homemade whipped cream. It was scrumptious! The restaurant was not busy, but it was a Monday evening. It was a quiet atmosphere for holding a conversation. Our server was friendly, but did not seem to know certain things about the menu or wine/beer selections.

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

Great selection of healthy foods. Wide variety and drinks available wood fire oven Live music on Saturday . Clean and spacious

1  Thank stephen s
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

How do you beat a chef (Robert) who is seen demonstrating how to make apple strudel on the award winning TPT PBS television show, Farm Fresh Road Trip? Had dinner there tonight. Incredibly good service. Very attentive. The food was incredible. Delicious. Went for the oyster app, the smoked brisket app, and the steak & frites. All were done just right. Chef Robert stopped during the meal service to check on us, and again at the end of the night. We had a great conversation about how to cook sauerkraut (using speck) and, yes - I brought strudel home. It was as good as it gets. Just a quick stop East of Interstate Hey 35E on Hwy 110 at Dodd Road. Another Treasure!

1  Thank wisconsinspindoctor