All reviews marriott property toiletries sheets noise bathroom lobby downtown
Reviewed October 30, 2018

I spent a weeknight in this new Marriott property in downtown Minneapolis. As an Autograph property, it's well outside, and pleasantly so, the typical Marriott mold. As a platinum elite rewards member, I was "upgraded" to an executive king. It was a nice, high floor room, but fairly standard, and not much of an upgrade. The hotel generally, and the room I was in, is very comfortable, with a clean, relaxed, modern feel. Likes and dislikes:

Likes:
- Attentive, friendly staff, responsive to requests
- Amazon Alexa in every room
- Spacious regular shower, rather than a tub shower, in the room
- Real glassware, where you need it (in the bathroom)

Dislikes:
- An odd ottoman-like stool instead of a chair at the desk (whoever thought of this has never worked in a hotel room
- No luggage stand in the room (although one was delivered when requested)

Would likely stay here again, especially if they fixed the desk chair issue.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
nataschacraig, Director of Sales at Elliot Park Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Good evening! Thank you so much for your business and your kind review. We hope to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2018

I had a free weekend and boatload of Marriott points to whittle down so we did a long weekend in Minneapolis to be tourists in my former stomping grounds and to visit friends.

Normally I have stayed at the nearby Marriott City Center, but this four-week-old hotel was intriguing. I stay at lots of Marriott (Platinum member) so I feel I know their products pretty well.

This is part of their autograph collection so it's not a cookie cutter hotel.
'
The staff is great. Location was perfect for us, but some people might like it a little closer to the Nicollet Mall Shopping area, which is just a short walk away. The industrial/contemporary design was refreshing.

Our room (710) was called an executive suite (not sure what that means), but it had a nice little nook with padded seating and great lighting that was a perfect spot to knit at night. the bathroom was large. The room itself was well-insulated from outside noise. Also, the blackout curtains were perfect. We had no idea it what time it was when we woke up.

Here are the nits I would pick:

When I checked in about midnight on Saturday, the front desk person was, cheerful and efficient. Thanks me being being a loyal Marriott guest and then made a point of telling me they stocked the room with extra towels and pillows, as per my preferences. There were extras pillows, not sure on the towels. Normally I travel solo for work, so it's not an issue. When I have someone with me, we're always short a pillow because I use three and she uses two.

The funny thing is, the budget Fairfield Inns almost always get this right, the bigger hotels don't.

The ambient temp in the room without fans running was 71 degrees. A little warm for me to sleep well. I turned the temp down a few degrees and the fan is super loud.

Valet parking is $44. Seriously? The nearby City Center is about $10 less a night in a more congested and popular part of downtown.

The toiletries in the bathroom were great. My companion thought they all smelled masculine, which is fine with me. I think most women bring their own. My nit is I like the hotel that have cut down on waste by eliminating all those little plastic bottle and use a dispenser in the shower. I know higher-ned hotel don't like the "vibe" those give off.

Housekeeping replaced all the toiletries expect the lotion which my companion needed.

I noticed the Gideons haven't visited here yet, nor was there a Book of Mormon, which are found in every Marriott property I've stayed at. This isn't a criticism, just a reflection on how new it is.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good evening, Thank you for your kind review, we are working on our parking rates and fan. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2018

PROS:

- I could control the temperature in my room
- My room was quiet
- My room was dark
- My room was clean
- Nice decor: tadelakt on walls in meeting room and lobby very well done. Nice attention to detail (perfectly matching Schluter, etc.). Liked the gray paired with metallic copper
- Keurig machine in rooms
- $25 for a half bottle of Kim Crawford sauvignon blanc in mini refrigerator is a good deal (and the refrigerator was quiet)
- Friendly staff
- Small: very quick, easy to get around between lobby, meeting space, room
- Liked the space at Finnegan's next door
- Decent room service menu
- Nice blanket in room
- Bathroom was well lit
- Beds had sheets, tucked in (a lot of hotel rooms don't)
- New
- Good gym -- had a bicycle machine
- Better than average mini bar snacks
- Marriott points available
- Reasonable rate

CONS
- Fan above door is super-loud. I stood on a stool and stuffed a towel into the vent and was able to quiet it
- Sheets and pillow cases are the texture of corn husks
- Odd location -- nothing within close walking distance

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Good evening, Thank you so much for your business! We appreciate you feedback and are currently working on our fans and sheets. Please come back to visit us!

Reviewed October 12, 2018

Autograph Collection hotels are always characterized and defined by their charming decor and service. I did find decor and service extremely great. Their restaurant offered a great breakfast and dinner and the servers and bartenders were top notch.

As a frequent business traveler I found the room to be nicely appointed: bathrobe, big desk surface, tivoli bluetooth speaker, water bottles, quality bath amenities, etc. My only negative comment about the room is that the HVAC unit (air and heat) was quite loud. No fault of the hotel, but an FYI if anyone is sensitive to this noise.

The hotel amenities are well thought out including a spacious gym area with fruit, water and headphones.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
NorthStar787792, Director of Sales at Elliot Park Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind comments we enjoyed having you stay at the Elliot Park Hotel - Autograph Collection. We completely understand about the HVAC and we agree. Our Engineering team has been working on this issue. We appreciate your honestly and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Stayed here for our 15th wedding anniversary. Experienced top notch service from check in to check out. Not a hotel snob by any means but travel for work so I can appreciate great customer service and nice room amenities. Without even asking, they left us nice anniversary gift on bed and believe they upgraded us to corner winder view room. Rooms where well appointed with hi tech amenities and great bathroom. They had only had their soft opening when we stayed so I don't believe hotel was full yet. We had breakfast and adjacent Traviso restaurant in morning and while service was slow, food was fabulous.
Thanks for great and memorable anniversary stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for allowing us to be apart of your special day, we enjoyed having you and thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you again very soon!