All reviews mississippi river sunday brunch is fireside room lobster week horse drawn sleep number bed historic hotel daughter's wedding following morning wedding night corner room twin cities wonderful weekend the entire staff modern amenities romantic getaway each morning
Reviewed July 19, 2016

My husband and I stayed here while in town for overnight. While the hotel is pricey, it is so historic and beautiful. They have ample plugs and the WiFi was reliable. The staff was very friendly. The inn is within walking distance of downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2016

Have stayed here before and we are always excited to return!. The hotel offers a return to the past with comfort and style! Located on an island in the Mississippi River close to downtown Minneapolis! What more could you want. With a great restaurant and bar it's the perfect place to relax and have a really good time with friends and family. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and not the cookie cutter type of today. The hotels history dates back to over a 100 years.Tthe service was impeccable, friendly and caring. Going to Minneapolis think about staying here.

Room Tip: Every room is different.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rockjawk1
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed the 5 course Sunday Brunch on Father's Day 2016! The food was excellent! The flank steak was so tender and juicy. Although it was a 4 oz portion there was still plenty of steak. I gave slice to my husband since there was plenty for me. With 5 courses each course doesn't need to be very large! The chocolate mousse was heavenly and a wonderful end to the meal. There were a couple of snafus - had to ask for butter and syrup - but I still gave them a 5 rating since the food and atmosphere were so good. The waiter was very attentive and professional. There is also complimentary parking!! The menu changes with the season. We used to go here for New Years Eve years ago. This is our first time for brunch. Nice to see the restaurant is still here and appears to be doing well.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2016

Spent another lovely two nights at my favorite hotel. The hotel is clean, we'll run, the staff is courteous, the food amazing. We take walks around this small island and see beautiful old homes being renovated, and there are walking paths through the park. Enchanted place, took a carriage ride, it just dosen't get any better. Parking here is also free and right outside the door of this charmingly small hotel that has everything. Easy walk to lots of places downtown. Will go again often.

Room Tip: Each room is different, all I have stayed in, many, are well done and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

Wife & I stayed here for a family wedding an a reception was held here as well. The rooms are very nice and both of us slept well. The reception was very well handled and the two meals we had there were delightful. We recommend their French toast. The bar was very inviting, but we found the wine to be a bit pricey.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple