“Early Sunday Dinner with Kids”
Review of Tilia

Tilia
Ranked #84 of 1,979 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2016 via mobile

$116 for 3 glasses of wine, 2 kids' meals, 5 plates to share. VERY reasonably priced and delicious. A neighborhood restaurant with a great loud atmosphere so the kids aren't disturbing the diners. Not a fancy restaurant where you need to dress up, but still receive the fabulous fresh food. There is a bar with seating, an open kitchen bar area, and tables. The spicy shrimp and peas - delicious! My son LOVED his cheeseburger, but he wanted a little more cheese. The spinach salad was fresh and the fish torta was just okay. The meatballs were enjoyable and the Brussels sprouts perfectly cooked. The service was friendly and accommodating our dining questions. I'd recommend and I will be back.

Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

The hostess was so thoughtful, she made sure that when she knew two seats were opening up at the bar while we were able to sit while waiting. The bartender was very friendly and knowledgeable. He made me a home made ginger brew with sparkling water- I highly recommend this tasty beverage! Our server Debbie was very nice and attentive. The food was the star it always is. I encourage you to have the roasted Brussels sprouts, walnuts and tender cubed ham as a wonderful side. My husband's Rueben sandwich was the best he's ever had. And he's had a lot of them. I tried it and I would order one too the next time, although previously I haven't been a fan. It was so tender and delicious. Great experience (again). Thanks to all of you we met tonight. And a big thank you to the chefs!

Reviewed March 25, 2016

I just want to make sure people understand this review isn't about the food. I called ahead before a group of us came in to make SURE they were wheelchair accessible. I was told yes, we went to brunch. Great food, ok service. But when I went to use the bathroom, low and behold, it is a closet. I had to go, so I embarrassingly had to ask a staff member to stand in front of the door that I couldn't close. It is in the hallway to the men's room and the kitchen. Needless to say I held up a lot of people and felt terrible about it. They are not "grandfathered" in. That isn't how the ADA works. I let them know they should NEVER tell someone they are an accessible facility.

4  Thank Nikitasenorita
Reviewed February 20, 2016

Tilia is a cozy neighborhood gem. It's always packed, no reservations, so grab one of their excellent selection of local beers, and relax. Brunch is my favorite. Several unusual egg dishes, including a Reuben variation with corn beef and eggs. Favorite hands down is the kimchi chilaquiles--pulled pork, housemade kimchi, nam pla sauce, and two soft eggs piled on top of tortilla chips. On the lighter side, the spinach salad with eggs and bacon dressing is lovely, and you can't go wrong with the Gorgonzola burger and big basket of fries.

Reviewed February 14, 2016 via mobile

We found this place driving around Minneapolis while we were in town. I love trying local restaurants and this place was great. We were seated right away near a window. The bench along the window must have a heater underneath it because it was warm and cozy. I had the biscuits and gravy and my fiancé has the French toast with a side of hash browns. Both meals were great.

Just as a side note, they only serve beer and wine... No hard alcohol. We didn't care since we were there for brunch, but it might matter more at dinner.

We would definitely come back again!