“Extremely fresh food & pleasant service!”
Review of New China Wok

New China Wok
Ranked #1,169 of 1,981 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

This is a quaint little restaurant located in the heart of the city of Edina, surrounded by cute shops & boutiques. We dined in and had the most lovely server. She was helpful and very pleasant! Our food was freshly prepared to order and delicious. We ordered the steamed vegetables and chicken along with vegetable fried rice, egg rolls & eggdrop wonton soup. We were impressed with the freshness of our food and the care in which it was prepared. This was our first time here but we will definitely go back. There are not very many tables for eating in, but they are set up very comfortably. Nice atmosphere! They also offer carry out and delivery (within 5 miles)

Reviewed November 12, 2015 via mobile

Fresh vegetables, great new atmosphere, very clean and fresh. Had the pork fried rice. Very delish. Located in mpls at 50th and france. Great Chinese made fresh every order.

2  Thank davidsH710BX
Reviewed September 26, 2015

Had walked by this restaurant earlier this year while eating an ice cream cone from the Edina Creamery and it looked nice. Tonight wife and I happened to drive by the Wok while looking for a Chinese dinner so we stopped in (this was not our intended destination).

We were greeted by a nice young woman and told to choose any table available so we took one by the window. While going thru the menu, which was large, I noticed "Walleye Tempura" (available only during none rush hours) something I had never seen or eaten before. As I inquired about the dish the Waitress, who turned out to be an owner, explained the Chef's backround and a bit about the cuisine. I ordered the Walleye and it was excellent. It came with pea pods, broccoli and red peppers. I hate broccoli! At least until for some unknown reason I tried a piece, it was absolutely delicious, and cooked to perfection. My wife had good ole chicken chow mein that was outstanding with an unique flavor the Chef claimed was from the super fresh ingredients. We had Cream Cheese Wontons for an appetizer which were probably the best we had ever eaten.

Service was bit bit slow, but worth the time. If you are used to cheapo Chinese take out, this is not the place.

Will be going back again soon.

2  Thank Jon E
Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

First time ordering from this place. My husband would never order from here before because of bad reviews but he is out of town so decided to try with my son. Original promise time for delivery was about 30 minutes. It took one hour and 20 minutes. Ordered boneless spare ribs, beef lo mein, and steamed chicken with veggies. Spare ribs were mostly fat and way too sweet. Lo mein was better and even though too much of a smoky flavor it was edible. I threw the entire container of chicken with veggies away. It was disgusting. I mean disgusting. Yuck. Wish I could get the taste out of my mouth. I should have listened to my husband.

Reviewed November 4, 2014

If you want fast food this is your place. If you eat at restaurant don't be surprised to see many family members of employees in the seating area. Egg rolls were greasy. I have never seen many people in the restaurant which is a telling sign.