“One of my favorites downtown”
Review of Hell's Kitchen

Hell's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Hell's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,862 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Join your friends for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or Drinks at Hell's Kitchen, an award-winning, chef-owned restaurant with unique but not fancy, interesting but not fussy damn good food. And don't miss The Minnesota Room, which celebrates Minnesota's wonders, richness, playfulness and curiosities in a most unusual way. *PLEASE NOTE* We are not affiliated with Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen in Las Vegas. We all appreciate honest and accurate feedback, so please make sure you are leaving your review on the correct profile.
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Great food, great prices, good service, live music. What more is there to say. The food is great I love the ham and pear crisp sandwich as well as the buffalo burger. Also make sure to try the peanut butter, definitely not to be missed. It can get VERY busy for lunch but is generally pretty low key on the weekends and later at night.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,060)

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I had breakfast there a couple years ago and the menu was fantastic - very unique, lots of different entrees such as french toast, waffles, etc. My husband and I went there this morning for their weekend brunch, and the menu was very disappointing! Other than a couple of unusual things, it was your basic breakfast fare that you can get anywhere. I certainly wouldn't make a special trip downtown to eat breakfast there. Maybe the chef changed or they just decided to have a more basic menu - either way, we were very disappointed.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

On the weekends the waitstaff is dressed in pjs and the motiff is well Hell's Kitchen. The food is some creative interesting mixtures that always please. Definitely worth a stop if in the downtown area, but expect for there to be a wait.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I really enjoyed the food at Hell's kitchen, but we had to sit at the bar or wait an hour (easy choice). But the whole place was SOOOO crowded that it really took away from the rest. I would recommend a non weekend time to visit this great restaurant. Be sure to try the lemon ricotta pan cakes or the southwestern omlet. they were great!.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

We were staying in Minneapolis and walked by Hell's Kitchen twice without going in. Finally after church we decided to get breakfast and since it was open we gave it a try. We were not expecting a 1.5 hour wait since we did not have reservations. We were lucky and found two spaces at the bar. There we learned about the tasty bloody Marys and also about some special things on the menu. Wow, we were not disappointed!! The lemon ricotta hotcakes are fantastic! The shrimp/crab cakes with poached eggs and red pepper hollandaise were also outstanding. We love the ambiance, the drinks, the food, - everything. Don't miss eating here if you go to Minneapolis. I bought the cook book. I read it on the plane ride home - great story and great recipes. Yum.