“We Really Liked This Place!”
Review of Chino Latino

Chino Latino
Reserve with OpenTable
Chino Latino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 1,948 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Caribbean
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Lake Street
Reviewed July 23, 2018

My partner and I capped our first day / night in Minneapolis off at Chino Latino. It was recommended by several friends who live in the area and told us we had to check it out when in town.

•Chino Latino is located in the Uptown district. This seemed like a pretty cool area and has a lot going on - lots of shops, restaurants and entertainment options.
•We arrived at about 9:30 PM on a Thursday night. The bar was pretty full, but the dining was only about half full. We had reservations, but did not need them this night.
•The interior (and exterior for that matter) was classy but not stuffy. The atmosphere was light and fun. The night we were there it seemed to be a younger crowded for the most part (we are in our 40’s).
•We had several of the Three Way Margaritas to drink. These were quite good.
•For an appetizer, we had the Korean Bulgogi Lettuce Cups. They were really good.
•For dinner we split the Molcajete. This was fantastic. Lots of good flavor and plenty of food to share among two people.
•Our waitress was friendly and super helpful going through the menu. The service here was very good.
•I have to admit I really didn’t understand what type of food / place this was until I got there. But basically it is street style food from across various cultures (all of which are in hot climates). That is why the menu seems eclectic / random.

We really liked this place. It was fun. The food and drink was good. If in the area again, we would return and order completely new items on the menu because there was a lot we did not get to try out.

Reviewed May 31, 2018

I have been here before but had not been here in several years. We took my sister out last night for her birthday. We made it in time to order off of happy hour, which goes til 7pm! We ordered a bunch of different small plates off of the happy hour menu. All of the food was great! Our favorite of the food we ordered were the fingerling potatoes-- they have great seasoning and a great dipping sauce! We had tasty margaritas! Our server was great and she put a sparkler in my sister's drink and in the AMAZING dessert we ordered! It was the chocolate flandango--- One of the best desserts I have had in my life! I will definitely be going back SOON!

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Food was good. Rude server was not.

They advertise happy hour. We sit at bar and order drinks. $6 Mojito. Go to table server tells us drink prices, $11 Mojito.

Server knows we ordered from bar. When we finished drinks, we get up and walk to bar and order a couple more. Server runs over and tells us we can’t do that. Excuse me? Maybe let us know at table? Politely.

And why not? I’m paying for it at the bar. I came to the table with a drink, from the bar.

Don’t fake advertise happy hour if I can’t walk to bar and order a drink. And definitely don’t confront a paying customer and wreck my (our) evening.

No food is good enough to be treated like that.

If you do happen to go and you want happy hour, I suggest ordering 3 drinks at the bar with ice on the side and take it to your seat. Give me a break. Won’t be back.

1  Thank Cody T
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

We recently had our son's rehearsal dinner and welcome party at Chino Latino in Minneapolis. It was Huge Success! The food was fantastic, the service was excellent. We couldn't have been more pleased. Thank you so much!

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Our family went here to celebrate a birthday and had a great time. Everything we ordered was fabulous including the mahi-mahi tacos, pineapple fried rice, ceviche, queso fundido and potstickers. I would definitely recommend coming here!