“Sunday Dinner with my wife ”
Review of Chino Latino

Chino Latino
Reserve with OpenTable
Chino Latino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 1,946 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Lake Street
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

I've been a few times but it was my wife's first visit.
They have a fun menu that is unlike most restaurants and its sure to take you a few extra minutes to read and decide.
We over ordered with a sushi roll followed by their rendition of pork belly steam buns, coconut curry and some stir fried shrimp.
We didn't care for the curry but hey you can't like them all and that's the adventure of trying new dishes
Kitchen Service was slow tonight but it may have been due to a wedding party in house.
Pros
Great atmosphere, unique menu, dress up or down, quality ingredients, hip location
Cons
Expensive, paid parking is most likely, can require a reservation on most peek times

Everyone should visit at least once. Great experience.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Went out with my friends for my birthday. I told the waitress we were here celebrating for my birthday and nothing happened no one sang happy birthday and I didn’t get a free dessert or anything! So I would definitely go somewhere else if it is your birthday. The food is still really good and the place is modern but I wouldn’t go if it is your birthday.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

My partner and I capped our first day / night in Minneapolis off at Chino Latino. It was recommended by several friends who live in the area and told us we had to check it out when in town.

•Chino Latino is located in the Uptown district. This seemed like a pretty cool area and has a lot going on - lots of shops, restaurants and entertainment options.
•We arrived at about 9:30 PM on a Thursday night. The bar was pretty full, but the dining was only about half full. We had reservations, but did not need them this night.
•The interior (and exterior for that matter) was classy but not stuffy. The atmosphere was light and fun. The night we were there it seemed to be a younger crowded for the most part (we are in our 40’s).
•We had several of the Three Way Margaritas to drink. These were quite good.
•For an appetizer, we had the Korean Bulgogi Lettuce Cups. They were really good.
•For dinner we split the Molcajete. This was fantastic. Lots of good flavor and plenty of food to share among two people.
•Our waitress was friendly and super helpful going through the menu. The service here was very good.
•I have to admit I really didn’t understand what type of food / place this was until I got there. But basically it is street style food from across various cultures (all of which are in hot climates). That is why the menu seems eclectic / random.

We really liked this place. It was fun. The food and drink was good. If in the area again, we would return and order completely new items on the menu because there was a lot we did not get to try out.

Reviewed May 31, 2018

I have been here before but had not been here in several years. We took my sister out last night for her birthday. We made it in time to order off of happy hour, which goes til 7pm! We ordered a bunch of different small plates off of the happy hour menu. All of the food was great! Our favorite of the food we ordered were the fingerling potatoes-- they have great seasoning and a great dipping sauce! We had tasty margaritas! Our server was great and she put a sparkler in my sister's drink and in the AMAZING dessert we ordered! It was the chocolate flandango--- One of the best desserts I have had in my life! I will definitely be going back SOON!

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Food was good. Rude server was not.

They advertise happy hour. We sit at bar and order drinks. $6 Mojito. Go to table server tells us drink prices, $11 Mojito.

Server knows we ordered from bar. When we finished drinks, we get up and walk to bar and order a couple more. Server runs over and tells us we can’t do that. Excuse me? Maybe let us know at table? Politely.

And why not? I’m paying for it at the bar. I came to the table with a drink, from the bar.

Don’t fake advertise happy hour if I can’t walk to bar and order a drink. And definitely don’t confront a paying customer and wreck my (our) evening.

No food is good enough to be treated like that.

If you do happen to go and you want happy hour, I suggest ordering 3 drinks at the bar with ice on the side and take it to your seat. Give me a break. Won’t be back.

1  Thank Cody T