“Good Chinese in South Longfellow”
Review of Crystal Garden

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Crystal Garden
Ranked #532 of 1,979 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed November 14, 2016

We came here because a person entering recommended it. We were greeted warmly and chose the menu vs. the buffet which was largely over for our time (1:30). Our food was quickly delivered and was good. We were pleased and would return.

Reviewed October 2, 2016

My first time in this establishment. Went for lunch buffet with two colleagues who had been there numerous times. Buffet was as promised; good food, tasty, plentiful, & fresh. Waiter was attentive clearing away plates and refilling water. One colleague left $2 cash tip on table for the $8 buffet. I was intending to do the same but needed change since I only had a large bill. I paid my tab at register and was asked if I wanted a receipt. I said yes as he ran my card. I signed the slip, was placing my card back in my wallet and reaching for the $10 to ask for change when he stated abruptly and I quote: "you forgot tip". Dead silence. I was shocked, embarrassed, and a bit pissed off. I asked him to repeat himself. "You forgot tip!", indicating the slip I had just signed, "you need to write in tip". I said: "ohhhkay, then..." and added the $2.00 to the charge slip, putting my wallet with the $10 bill inside away. My colleagues were as dumbfounded as was I, saying outside that they couldn't believe he had been so rude. Doesn't matter to me. There are lots of Chinese restaurants, and with behavior such as that I will never darken his door again.

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

It looks like a dive but the hot and sour soup is so good and they are always so friendly and quick with the take out orders. A great pick!

Reviewed June 23, 2016

We order from this restaurant almost every Friday. It is our favorite Chinese restaurant around this area. The staff is super friendly and they know both of us by name. Great people and great food!

Reviewed January 9, 2016

Good local Chinese, typical lunch buffet, but the real star of this restaurant is their tangerine mock duck... The balance of the sauce is spot on, and they way they cook the dish making the mock duck a little crispy, yet not burned or overdone is amazing. Just try it!