“Literally a hole in the wall”

La Loma Tamales Northstar Building
Ranked #937 of 1,985 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed March 9, 2017

These folks turn out some really good seemingly authentic (to this gringo anyway) Mexican food from a literal hole in the wall. I've tried a few different things and it's always great. They keep the line moving pretty quickly while still being friendly.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed September 18, 2015 via mobile

This is a walk-up & take-out tamale counter located in the first floor food court in the Northstar center.

The tamales are pretty good. They weren't too pricy, so you could have two. Everything else is extra. Chips were $2.

The women behind the counter match the cuisine. They are hard to understand. If there is a line, and there often is at lunch time, they really try to hustle you along.

I had to ask for a bag to carry my two items. The cash register worker didn't include utensils or napkins, which should be automatic at a take-out place.

There is seating out in the food court.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed May 7, 2015

This was my first time at La Loma Tamales which is located on the 1st floor of the Northstar building downtown Minneapolis in a small hallway. This is more of a fast food place, but the quality and taste far exceeds any fast food experience I've had.

I ordered the chicken tamale platter which includes your choice of beans (black or refried) and rice. These were the best authentic tamales that I've ever had and the price was really reasonable. I would definitely recommend La Loma Tamales and I will absolutely be going back!

Date of visit: May 2015