All reviews heated floors modern art library bar an executive suite the walker art center public parking spg member room service front desk staff comfortable bed modern feel hotel restaurant location is great modern hotel walk in shower room was large wonderful stay
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in the penthouse suite. The room has a very nice design, good layout and great views. Only complaint was the balcony connected to the other rooms that it shared so we had people on our balcony very late one night smoking. It was kind of unsettling since the bedroom is all windows. We did mention this to the front desk and they responded to our comments and were very nice about it. The only way to stop people from walking out there was a baby gate so maybe something more permanent would keep people from removing it.

Everything else was really nice on our stay. The front desk staff were super helpful and the bar and wait staff were the best.

Room was well maintained and meet all expectations. We wish we could have stayed longer.

There is no parking and the $40 for valet seemed a bit steep. There is a garage on the same block that was easy in/ out for us.

Thanks for the nice stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Hello SetteNL-
Thank you for sharing about your stay at Le Meridien Chambers- an art lovers hotel! It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the penthouse suite, along with the helpful front desk and restaurant staff. We hope you were able to enjoy dining out on the patio at Mercy. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Stayed in this modern-feel hotel in 2016. The place is cozy and felt like I was in a movie.
It was cool and we got a special deal online for a one-night stay. The shower is glassed into the room, the bathroom has a TV. The bed was comfortable and didn't have scratchy bed coverings. The TV in the room was a little outdated as it didn't provide HDMI inputs. We like to hook up our tablet and watch Netflix.

I'd stay again sometime.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas K

Hello Thomas K-
a big thank you for your 5 star review of Le Meridien Chambers- an art lovers hotel! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your guest room and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time your travels bring you to downtown Minneapolis!

Reviewed June 11, 2017

We live in the Twin Cities and wanted a day/evening in Minneapolis. From the moment we were in the door, to the valet, Thomas at the desk and the leadership team both in the hotel/restaurant we were made to feel right at home. What a stay and experience. Thank you to the whole team including that fine group folks at the best kept secret the patio bar!

Room Tip: On the corner, enter on 9th street
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Hello Frank H-
thank you again for sharing about your experience staying at Le Meridien Chambers- an art lovers hotel! Thank you for your kind words about Thomas and our leadership teams. We are also thrilled to hear you enjoyed the patio bar at Mercy! We hope you will visit with us again for a Sunday brunch, or another weekend away soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

PROS:
I really loved the modern decor of this hotel, as well as the on-site art gallery, and the location was perfect -- walking distance to bars, restaurants, art galleries, etc. Our deluxe king room was pretty big and all the windows overlooking Hennepin Ave were fabulous. The rainfall shower was great and love the Malin+Goetz bath products.

CONS:
The rooms are not very insulated, as we could hear everything out in the hallways and the rooms next door. Were woken up constantly by the loud noises.

We were excited to try the on-site Mercy Bar and Library Bar, but every time we tried to get a drink, they were always closed so early, so on our last night staying at the hotel (Sunday night before Memorial Day) around 10:45pm - we were finally able to get a seat at the bar. There were several other guests sitting at the bar drinking, and we patiently waited for about 15 minutes for the bartender to take our drink order when he came up and very curtly told us that he already called last call a long time ago and that we couldn't order a drink. We were shocked that he would treat hotel guests that way, as we had been sitting there forever waiting and really excited to try the bar out, but instead we were kicked out of the bar on a Sunday night at 11. This was very off putting, and for this reason, will probably not stay here next time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Hello NATEAZ-
Thank you for sharing about your recent stay at Le Meridien Chambers, an art lovers hotel! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our central location to area attractions, large guest room, rainfall shower and Malin + Goetz bath amenities. However, we are disappointed to hear other aspects of your stay did not meet expectation. We will pass along your comments to the management team at Mercy, to ensure issues like these are not experienced again in the future. Please reach out to me directly at Ruth.Fox@starwoodhotels.com if you decide to stay with us again, so I may personally assist with your reservation and stay.

Best Wishes-

Reviewed May 28, 2017

I had a short one night stay in MSP and was looking forward to trying a new Le Meridien hotel. This hotel was much more funky than most but I really enjoyed the minimalist design and art throughout the hotel, it just gave it so much character. Some may think the simplicity and decor is cold and not very welcoming but one put into context it can be greatly enjoyed. A stay at the property also includes complimentary access to the equally eclectic Walker Art Center which I was pleased to explore as part of my stay. I rode the courtesy loaner bicycle to the Walker Art Center, around the basilica and to the stone arch bridge to round out my afternoon in MSP. The hotel staff was mostly warm and welcoming, minus the check-in agent I had, everyone else was pleasant. The location, like in any big city, does turn a bit at night but I never felt unsafe, just very aware of my surroundings. If the price is right, I would recommend you explore this unique hotel. If I found a great deal I would certainly return for the bicycles and art alone, otherwise I would be up for exploring a new SPG property as I would not pay a premium for the hotel. Side note, my room did not have the much talked about heated bathroom floors, a bit of a let down.

Stayed: May 2017

Hello jetsetter83-
Thank you for sharing about your recent stay at Le Meridien Chambers- an art lovers hotel! We are pleased to hear your enjoyed the service provided by our team, location in the Theatre District, and art throughout the property. We are also delighted you were able to take advantage of our bicycle program, and free admission to the Walker Art Center. We hope to see you again soon!