All reviews heated floors modern art library bar an executive suite the walker art center public parking spg member room service front desk staff comfortable bed modern feel hotel restaurant location is great modern hotel walk in shower room was large wonderful stay
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Fantastic stay. I'm a Lifetime Platinum member with Starwood Preferred Guest program. I was upgraded to suite 309 overlooking the Orpheum Theater and the Saloon. Nicholas and Steve L. at the Front Desk were awesome and friendly. I missed my connecting flight so I decided to stay in downtown Minneapolis for the night. I'm so glad I did. I've stayed at every hotel in Minneapolis over the years and I think Suite 309 is the best room. Plenty of space and high energy lights from the street. Comfy bed, two bathrooms, very large living room space with kitchenette and a rain shower that's huge. Oh and a free standing tub overlooking the street. The toiletry items are a nice touch too. I didn't want to leave! I also had cocktails in the comfortable lounge attached to the hotel named Marin. Great space. Thank you, Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis!

Room Tip: Suite 309!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Hello dereknyberg-
Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Meridien Chambers- an art lovers hotel! We truly appreciate your Platinum status and SPG loyalty. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your large guest room, amenities, bathroom with free standing tub, and service provided by our team. I will pass along your kind words to Nicholas, Steve, and the rest of our team. Since your stay, Marin has undergone an exciting renovation, and has reopened as Mercy. We look forward to welcoming you back to discover this new space, and having another great stay with us!

Reviewed October 9, 2017

We stayed for a few days back in April and I could not be happier with this hotel. It is located at the heart of the city within easy walking distance to theaters and some of the best restaurants in the city.
The room was huge, in fact I'm sure it was larger then my first apartment. The bed was comfortable and most importantly it was quiet, we never heard another guest. The whole place has an art studio vibe with a modern smart feel.
I can say that everyone from the valet to the front desk the staff was very friendly and helpful.
I would also recommend you try Mercy, the restaurant in the hotel, it's fabulous.
If you are planning a trip to Minneapolis and are looking for a perfect stay then book this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Hello Matt S-
Thank you for your 5 star review of Le Meridien Chambers- an art lovers hotel! We are pleased you enjoyed the large guest room, friendly service, and dining experience at Mercy. We have recently completed a renovation of our fitness center, and will begin room renovations next month. We hope to welcome you back again for another great stay experience.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

When we tried to check-in at 9:50 PM we were told that there was a room for me but not for the other person I was traveling with. He had to go to the W. Apparently this hotel is more prone to overbooking than others. Also, it styles itself as a "Luxury Hotel". It certainly charges luxury prices but it is far from a luxury hotel. A luxury hotel does not stop room service at 10:00 PM. A luxury hotel does not have dirty carpets. A luxury hotel does not run out of capsules for the in-room coffee maker. A luxury hotel does not put the in-room safe on the floor of the closet, requiring people to be at floor level to use it. A luxury hotel does not say that the restaurant would open for breakfast at 6:30 AM and only open at 6:55 AM. Most importantly, a luxury hotel does not have a staff that appears to be resigned and put upon from not having enough resources and having to deal with disgruntled guests. Apparently the hotel is going to be renovated starting in November so that might help on facilities side. I have fond memories from earlier stays at Le Meridien hotels in different parts of the world - in those days, they had a certain cachet. Based on this stay, and my last two in New York, the brand is going downhill.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
ComplexHotelMGMT, General Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback from your stay this past week. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems you faced as our guest. We value you greatly as a guest and SPG Platinum member and I am sorry that expectations were not met in this instance, as we aim to give you a flawless experience each time you stay with us. We are working to address the conditions through our renovation starting in November. As far as the failure of the restaurant opening on time for breakfast, we have addressed this with responsible parties, and can only apologize for failing to be open in time, as that is inexcusable. Please let me know if there is anything further I may do for you.

Best Wishes-
Cathie Hall

Reviewed September 14, 2017

The location is convenient. A public parking ramp is on the same block and not too expensive.

The staff is very friendly; I don't think I had an encounter with staff where they didn't have something nice to say.

The room was clean and the bed was comfy. I especially liked the overhead shower feature.

The room coffee maker is actually espresso.

The view from the room wasn't spectacular (just an alley where you could look to the right and see Hennepin Ave.), but the windows are big and allow plenty of natural light.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Hello Gareth-Olson-
Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Meridien Chambers- an art lovers hotel! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the service provided by our friendly staff, clean guest room, comfortable bed, and large shower. We hope you were able to visit our new fitness center during your stay, or dine on the patio at Mercy. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Friendly and helpful checkin. When I asked if there was somewhere to print my boarding pass, the clerk printed it out for me as I checked in. The room was large, the walk-in shower was great, and the bed comfortable. The only drawback was that I could hear water running through the pipes when someone in another room took an early-morning shower. The restaurant was also really not set up for a quick breakfast. I ate at the airport.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Hello Markphmnh-
Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Meridien Chambers- an art lovers hotel! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your check-in experience, large guest room, walk-in shower, and comfortable bed. We hope to welcome you back again the next time your travels bring you to downtown Minneapolis.