All reviews heated floors modern art library bar rain shower an executive suite the theater district hennepin avenue the walker art center spg member public parking room service front desk staff large room comfy bed hotel restaurant modern feel mini bar
Reviewed September 16, 2018

The picture tells you all you need to know, They took a dingy, old, six story building and tried to infuse an “industrial chic” vibe. Public spaces are minimalist and institutional. The room was not small, but hardly what I was expecting at a rate in the mid $500s! I quickly learned that the windows had been poorly chosen and you could hear EVERY conversation of every passerby, to say nothing of experiencing a night filled with traffic and sirens (I live in Manhattan! There are windows that block this stuff out!). They know they have a noise problem as I discovered they provide a professional grade white noise machine. It was too late and I was too tired to request a move. After a lousy night’s sleep, I ventured to their restaurant, appropriately named “Mercy” (which you will be begging for). The menu is extremely short on choices and descriptions. The food, once ordered, was quite good. But the dining room is dark and the service slow. I moved to another hotel that is twice as nice and half the price. I have stayed in hotels in Minneapolis for 65 nights this year. Tried this for a change. It was not the change I was seeking. Skip this! It’s not near anything but Hamilton (whose audience voices, post theater, will engulf your room). Stick with The Marquette, the Radisson, Loews, Westin, even their sister property, the W is better.

Room Tip: Do not accept ANY room facing either Hennepin or 9th!!! A higher floor won’t change the experience.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Robert M,

Thank you for your review and recent stay at Le Meridien Chambers. I apologize that you were not able to fully enjoy our property due to the disruptive noise downtown. I am happy that you enjoyed the food at Mercy and will share all of your feedback with the appropriate departments. If you would like to contact me directly, please email me at Thomas.Witte@Marriott.com and I would be happy to discuss your stay and see what we can do to win you back for another try.

Thomas Witte

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Check in was late. They need to get their guests out in time so that check in is not delayed. Room was supposed to have 2 beds and only had a King. Not sure whose mistake it was. Hotel is nice, but not luxurious. Rooms are modern and well appointed. All the employees were helpful. Location was great if you are going to the theater. Mercy Restaurant is on the premises and excellent. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ernesto L
ComplexHotelMGMT, Marketing Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Hello Ernesto L,

Thank you for your review and for Choosing LE Meridien Chambers for your visit to Minneapolis. Also thank you for voicing your concerns. We are looking into where the confusion was with having a room with two beds. As Le Meridien Chambers is a fabulous boutique hotel in the heart of Minneapolis, unfortunately we do not have any rooms that have double beds. We were glad that you were able to enjoy Mercy and the prime location of the property.

We look forward to your return to Minneapolis and to Le Meridien Chambers. Please feel free to contact me to let me know how we can make your next visit even better.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

I choose this hotel because of the proximity to the theaters. Well after check in, our room was not ready. However, the manager offered us drinks at Mercy which was very gracious. When I finally got to my room, I was upset because it did not have two double beds. Apparently they have NO rooms with double beds. I had to request and pay for a roll away bed for my teenage daughter. Typically there is a $25 fee but they did credit my bill upon check out. So, with all these issues, why am I giving them a 5 star rating? Because, not only was the hotel charming, smelled heavenly and clean, but their customer service was outstanding. They addressed all my concerns and the manager Stephen did nice things to make me happy before and after check out. My experience is an excellent example of a hotel with first class customer service.

Room Tip: There are no 2 x double bed rooms in this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LynAnn M
ComplexHotelMGMT, Marketing Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Hello LynAnn M,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Le Meridien Chambers for your visit to Minneapolis. We do apologize that we missed the mark with your expectations of the number of beds in our rooms although we are overjoyed with the outstanding service Stephen was able to provide for you. Each and every associate strives to ensure our guests have the very best experience while staying with us. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to Stephen and our associates.

We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

Picked Le Meridien as it was the best value available for my chosen dates and have to say that it far exceeded our expectations. the spec of the room was much better than I expected for the price. Good spacey room and a large bathroom though a little more drawer space would have been useful.
We didn't use the restaurant as were out and about in the evening but did drink at the Mercy bar - which had friendly staff and the prices were the usual you would find in a hotel bar. However there are plenty of nearby options for food and drink within close walking distance. If you want to go to Target Field then that is only a 5 minute walk, US Bank Stadium is 25 mins to walk and the Transit train station is about 3 blocks. So it a good location for most things that you need from a down-town hotel.
Liked the hotel and will certainly consider again if the price is comparable to other down-town locations

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello Berks_traveller62,

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing Le Meridien Chambers for your visit to Minneapolis. We are very happy that you stay with us was nothing but superb. We look forward to having you next visit.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful 2 day DT getaway stay this past weekend with husband and 20 yr old daughter back for 3 weeks from college. Love the unique modern decor and thoughtful touches -- like the original artworks , very spacious room and bathroom, xtra super comfy bed, sleep sound machine, umbrella and sm heater in the room (even though we didn't use any of them, it shows their care in anticipating the needs of their guests), besides the expected bathrobes and nice toiletries. The pull out sofa bed was very nice to have and was a surprise. We thought we would need to get a roll away .
Final note -- Hannah was our favorite staff member. She helped us during check out, and was just so helpful, sweet and pleasant. Others were ok.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
ComplexHotelMGMT, Marketing Manager at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Hello 8881piggy,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Le Meridien Chambers for your visit to Minneapolis! We are overwhelmed by your fantastic words and are glad we could be a part of making your stay in Minneapolis spectacular. I will absolutely pass along your review to Hannah and the staff as they strive to make each and every guest experience brilliant.

We are looking forward to your next visit to Minneapolis and Le Meridien Chambers.