“Yummy, lets go again.”

Red Stag Supperclub
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Stag Supperclub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #178 of 1,851 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th Street NE
Transit: There are many public transit stops located within a block of the Red Stag. Some of the bus routes include: Route 4 Route 6 Route 61 Route 10 Route 17 Route 25 Route 59 Route 824 A "Nice Ride" rent-a-bike station conveniently located at Hennepin Ave E & 5th Street NE!
Description: Welcome! The Red Stag Supper club blends old school Wisconsin supper club charm with a passion for delicious, sustainable, farm-to-table food. Located in the "Nordeast" Art District just across the river from downtown, the Red Stag Supper club opened its doors in November 2007 as the first LEED-CI registered restaurant project in Minnesota. We strive to be a good local & world citizens by supporting local farmers, conserving resources & composting waste. Come join us for brunch, lunch or Friday night fish fry. Or just stop by for some late night eats and entertainment. We'd love to have you in! We accept reservations for half of our dining room and leave the other half open for walk-ins (except for holidays like New Years Eve, Valentines Day, Easter Brunch, etc.)
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My wife and I went with another couple for enjoyable dinner. The food was excellent and the service rounded out the evening perfectly. Our waitress was knowledgeable of the menu and gave us great recommendations from the wine list. We shared a plate of the Smelt fires and flat bread for an appetizer. I had the pork chops, my wife the fish special, and the other couple had steak entrees. All were beautifully plated and delicious.
The room can grow louder as the evening gets later. I would also suggest a table at least one row away from the bar. This area can get crowded as the wait for a table gets longer.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

The atmosphere here is fun and full of energy. Lots of people at the bar, and the restaurant was full. They only allow reservations for half the tables, so you can always just show up. We had about a 45 minute wait, so started at the bar with a cheese plate and a drink. I had the martini thyme, which had gin, thyme syrup, and grapefruit juice. WAY TOO SWEET -bleech. The pinot grigio was lovely however. The cheese plate was really nice - 3 cheeses, fruit, candied pecans, some sweet spreads (? quince and fig?), and lovely crackers with herbs and cheese. This was an excellent cheese plate - perfect in fact. My suggestion for ensuring good food here is to order several small plates. My smelt fries were delicious - perfectly cooked, crisp and not greasy with two separate dipping sauces - a sweet onion tartar sauce and a smoked tomato ketchup. Lovely! The lobster mac and cheese had a good cheese flavor, nicely cooked noodles, but had too much garlic and chewy leek strands in it. My friends butternut squash soup was rather odd, with an extremely heavy coconut flavor. Her brussels sprouts, which were supposed to be roasted, were basically raw. When sent back for some cooking, they came back quite tasty - clearly pan sauteed and not roasted but still very tasty. So - some things were perfect, some things were okay, and some things were downright bad (like my cocktail). In other times I have been here the dishes that stand out are the french fries, the truffled kettle corn (YUM), house made potato chips, the grilled flatbread (with a daily special), and the cheese curds. Clearly small plate bar food is the safest bet, and can be absolutely perfect. I should add that the service was excellent. They kept our water glasses full, were happy to try to fix things (like my drink and the brussel sprouts). Good service is worth a lot in my book.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

When a friend recommended this restaurant, I was a little put off by the "supperclub" title because it sounded a bit stodgy, but the place was anything but! Fun crowd, great menu, excellent service. Actually, we received some of the best service we've had in a long time - our server made some excellent drink recommendations.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

super duper yummy, hip and tasty. If you don't like to eat with live music go early or call ahead and request a table that is far from the stage. The music is good but competes with conversation.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Took my lab group out here for our annual holiday outing. Wonderful food, great drinks, and a very flexible wait staff. The addition of 2 children and a baby was met with booster chairs and coloring supplies - and a great kid's menu with yummy macaroni and cheese. Fun setting in NE Minneapolis. Beer selection outstanding - happy hour specials a great value. They took the best features of a "supper club" and added interesting food. An all-around winner.