“Hip, high energy, friendly”
Review of Amazing Thailand

Amazing Thailand
Ranked #300 of 1,851 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Description: Sawatdee kha! Welcome to Amazing Thailand, home of authentic Thai cuisine in Uptown, Minneapolis! Join us for our Thai Street food lunch, daily Happy Hour, or dinner with a group of friends. See you soon!
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Next to Calhoun Square on super busy Hennepin Ave. Gorgeous decor. Lots and lots of young people. High energy and boisterous. Dinner seating is in quieter section. Food is good, on pricier side. Staff very friendly.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

My friend and I were impressed by the 'league of nations' variety of diners here. Our food came fast and was delicious. The staff were busy but attentive. We ate outside in the restaurant alley and enjoyed the mood as evening came on. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Talked about going to this place since it opened, finally made it. The good did not disappoint.

We tried 3 dishes, Thai Beef Salad, Lad Nah, and Massaman Curry. All three were fantastic dishes.

Our server left much to be desired. Somewhere between the salad and the entrees, I think she took a break or forgot about us. Thank goodness for the food runner or our drinks would have never been refilled.

1  Thank Derek H
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We had reservations for Saturday Feb 18th at 6:30 for a party of 6 and added 2 more. So party of 8. I raved to these couples about how wonderful the food is here. The last time I was here was 2 years ago. We started of with appetizers which came rather quickly considering how busy they were. All 6 or 7 of them. Our drinks as well and both were very good. Our food on the other hand was a different story. That took an hour to get and they didn't get it right at all. Dishes that were supposed to be 4-5 spicy were not and ones that were not supposed to be spicy were. Their dishes are way to sweet. No idea why curry, fried rice or pad thai have to be so darn sweet. We order their fat noodle dish and that one had bad beef. We did bring this to their attention and they said they would remake it but we didn't want the same bad stuff so declined it. This was still on our bill. The two people that ate it was sick the whole next day. I was one of those people. We had to asked for water 3 times and dinner plates, which we never got so we just used the appetizer small plates we had. We got our bill in 1 and when we asked to get it all separate she said she was too busy but decided to redo them. She said knew what we all ordered so will redo it. She still got it wrong. Our bill was over $300 and also with a 18% gratuity. I understand it was super super busy but there is no excuse to let these things slip. I would of never gave a 18% considering how poor the services was, how long it took to get our food, and how awful the food tasted. The food quality and services has gone down the drain. I will never refer or recommend this place to anybody again nor will I ever go back myself.

Reviewed 25 December 2016

I went there few times.
Place is interesting: cluttered as almost any Asian restaurants and seeing this I always wander about dust flying in to my plate.
when we were there there were only few people there for lunch on weekend. WE have to wait for service close to 10 min until somebody came to table to offer water and drinks. then we have to wait about 25 min for food.
Fried rice was good. Pad thai was ok- very watery, not much flavor, defenetely was not my favorite. the worst was Green curry- I do not know why as curry generally supposed to have really good flavor. But the worst- they used chicken thighs meat (I ordered with chicken) that changed flavor to so bad. It also was extremely overcooked. Do not get me wrong, I order carry all the time and my husband makes excellent curry dishes, so I have things to compare.