Book now, pay at stay
US$152
US$168
US$135
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

Millennium Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$110
Hilton Minneapolis(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$157
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$107
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
US$119
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$182
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
US$135
Travelocity
US$185
  • Pool
All reviewsm clubtarget centerfifth floorstreet levelthe concierge loungelight railparking garagebreakfast buffetnicollet mallcorner roomhigh floorlocation is greatbusiness hotelup to datetwins gamewater pressurelobby area
Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

When we arrived the lobby was very nice and had some pop not so much for the rooms. The rooms are very plain and kinda dark. Not very inviting. This was my first time staying at a Marriott. Very disappointed with the rooms. I don't see how they can charge the room rates they do because they aren't nothing special. The rooms need to be brightened up a bit. Not impressed with this Marriott. Won't be staying here again that's for sure. Really disspointed.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Nora T, Front Office Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Dear Campinguy168,

I want to extend my apologies for the experience you had during your most recent stay with us. Your comfort is our number one priority and I'm sorry we fell short with the quality of your guest room. If your travels ever return you to Minneapolis, I would be happy to extend a complimentary upgrade if availability allows. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback, it is truly appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Nora T.

Reviewed December 5, 2017

This Marriott, like many, is shiny, polished and clean. And everything is executed at high level. As you'd expect. But there are some business practices that are waay outdated. Like charging guests $19 to park for the night? Come on, that is a total rip off. And charging $15 for wifi in the room or more if you want high speed? That is sad. Every 2 star hotel in the 1st world and many in the 3rd offer free WiFi these days.
Any business person is shaking their head, "upsell tactics from 20 years ago". Along with the $3.50/bottle water in the room. Get up to speed Marriott.
Won't stay again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter L
Rick B, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear Peter L,

Thank you for staying with us and for the great comment you had about our hotel being shiny, polished and clean.

Complimentary basic internet is given to all Marriott reward members.

I am sorry that the parking fee was a surprise to you. We do disclose our parking rates on our website and in our confirmation e-mails to help our guests make informed decisions before commencing their trip. As you saw first-hand, we are in a very urban environment with limited parking. The $19 you paid is a discounted rate that we have negotiated with the owners of the parking ramp. Our pricing is in-line with the other hotels along the downtown area. While there are local parking lots and street parking close to the hotel, rates and level of security vary, and as a consumer there are these options.

I hope that your travels will bring you back to Minneapolis and that you will choose to stay with us again

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Great stay in this very nice hotel. Not to mention, the location was ideal - plenty of food nearby as well as the Skyway. The room was updated, clean and more than enough space for 2 people. The M Lounge is open on weekends 24/7 and they offer a breakfast buffet. The only minor inconvenience is the fact that you have to go to the 5th level to check-in.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

From the friendliness of the staff to excellent service, our stay could not be more prefect than it was. The room rate was not ridiculously expensive either. I have no complaints for this hotel.

I had the honor to use M Club Lounge. The food, drinks, breakfast and service were all above and beyond. We spent quite time in the lounge.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2017

My family and I stayed in this hotel over Thanksgiving weekend 2017. The room I shared with my sister was very comfortable and spacious. Most of the staff were helpful. For instance, the valets, registration desk clerk, and room service delivery person were efficient and kind. However, the first time we went in the only hotel food outlet, the servers in the lobby restaurant studiously ignored us for several minutes until I asked for menus, and were surly when interacting with us. When we tried to order the half-and-half lunch we were told "it's Saturday. We don't serve THAT on Saturday." Frankly, the waitress was so full of high dudgeon at my order and expectation that I would be able to eat an item on the menu that my sister and I could only laugh.

Once the food was brought I had to ask for a plate or bowl for my salad. It was generous, but crammed in a very small bowl that turned it into a food fountain when I tried to spear a forkful. When the server brought the plate I'd requested she said, "yeah, they always use a little bowl like that." So it seems employees at the Marriott are not empowered to solve problems that occur, evidently, over and over again.

Finally, the next day we tried to join our family in the dining room for breakfast, but the entryway was blocked by a strap across it such as you see in TSA lines. A clerk let us in and promptly blocked off the entryway with the strap again. There was another different and circuitous route into the restaurant but it was not clearly marked. Once we were with our family we decided to get the breakfast buffet which we did not know existed because no staff greeted or sat which was their opportunity to let us know (we didn't know about the other hidden dining room with a view either). The buffet was tucked into a too-small space at the other end of the restaurant, behind a wall. Once in the buffet area, there was one hapless woman behind the pancakes / omelets cook station, trying to make omelets for two people, while six other patrons waited to order. The pancakes burned when she walked away, yelling for another employee to come out and take over. What a mess. Then, as the day before, we had to track down someone to bring us coffee and, later, the bill. We laughed about the fiasco of a restaurant and decided that no one told the servers about "Minnesota nice."

The restaurant manager needs to reconsider the signage directing patrons to the restaurant, the pathways into and out of the restaurant, the attitude of the staff and commit to meeting their staffing needs, including the addition of a host or hostess at both ends of the restaurant (the obvious one and the unmarked one). Overall, I recommend the hotel, but suggest you skip the restaurant and order room service instead.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Brendan M, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Dear Nlaarts,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that our team did not display pleasant and courteous service to you in our restaurant. The experience in our breakfast buffet was not up to our standard as well.
Please know that we regret that you and your sister experienced this at our hotel. I know how this can cause your entire stay to be unpleasant.
Please know that we have addressed the above with the department leader and steps are in place to ensure actions similar to what you experienced will not happen again.