“Excellent base”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, England
“Excellent base”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was in Minneapolis for baseball (Target Field) and basketball (Target Center) and both stadiums are within five minutes walk of the Radisson Plaza, so it turned out perfectly for me. The hotel is very clean and business-like, and as others have mentioned the beds are extremely comfortable. My sleep patterns had been poor during the first part of my vacation but I felt rested by the end of my four nights here.

The hotel is right next to Nicollet Mall, good for the local shopping area, and only five minutes from the Hiawatha Line light rail, which I was hugely impressed with - makes getting to the airport and Mall of America very easy indeed without the need to drive or use cabs.

Didn't use Fire Lake, but it always looked busy and I would next time if I had the time to, but my stay was so busy I was usually eating on the run. Well worth considering for a visit to the Twin Cities.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Radisson-Rob-Smith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest-

My name is Rob Smith and I am the General Manager of the hotel. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay and for an excellent TA report. We look forward to having you back when your travels return you to the twin cities.

r.smith@radisson.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Thai first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We decided to try and stay in town after a celebratory dinner at Manny's. Got an awesome deal using the Hotel Tonight app. I sometimes feel like apologizing when using HT, Priceline , etc. but Allen at the front desk was so great...treated us like VIP's. I even think we got an upgraded room... Such a wonderful hotel and staff. Management: Allen is a tremendous employee asset for you! Not usually excited about staying in a hotel when I don't have to be in one for work, but our night in town was very special at this Radisson property!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for an excellent TA report. We do take pride in the service we provide and we will ensure we recognize Allen for the superior service you highlighted.

We look forward to having you back in the Twin Cities soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2012 via mobile

Clean, very good business class floors, very good restaurant on site (Fire Lake) and very nice work out facilities. The business floors work out great. The hospitality room apatisers and drinks options are very good. The breakfast is also very well done. The hosts are excellent.

Stayed April 2012
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you for your recent stay, and a great TA report!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed our recent renovation to our fitness facility it has been receiving rave reviews. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Savage, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We came to celebrate my husband's birthday and enjoyed a marvelous stay with you. The room was beyond my expectations and felt very luxurious. The exceptionaly friendly and helpful front desk clerk offered us free drink tickets to help us celebrate the special occasion. And in the lounge I enjoyed the most delicious cocktail I have EVER had the pleasure to imbibe. INCREDIBLE evening -- THANK YOU so much!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear pmarie_12,

We are honored that you chose the Radisson Plaza Hotel to celebrate such a special occasion! It is wonderful to hear that someone from our front desk staff made such a positive impact on your experience here!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Best Regard,
Front Office Manager
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 March 2012

we stayed for the food and wine show in February and it was fabulous. Centrally located within walking distance of everything. Loved it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear mstans214,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel and I am very glad that you had an enjoyable stay in Minneapolis.

I hope your travels bring you back to the Minneapolis area in the future, we look forward to your next stay with us.

Best Regards,
Front Office Manager
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 March 2012

At first look the hotel is set back in the shadows however once inside you will be amazed! Terrific personnel, great food, excellent rooms with fantastic amenities. Didn't get time to work out but the exercise room is really nice.

Not far from the Nicolet light rail and you walk right past the Mary Tyler Moore bronze statue!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a king size bed - really nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Dave M,

Thank you very much taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel and I am very glad that you had an enjoyable stay in Minneapolis. We are very proud the see you describe our hotel as the "Gem of a Property in Downtown Minneapolis, MN". I'm also happy you took advantage of our great amenities.

Best Regards,
St Clair, MN, USA
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here on Saturday March 24th. We had a city view room. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. We did not try the attached restaurant as we had made reservations elsewhere.

At night, you could hear people in the hallways. We were on the 10th floor and we could hear street noise very plainly.

I would recommend to not have a city view room on a weekend as the noise from the street comes right up and into the room.

Room Tip: Do not get a city view room during a weekend.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear schonrocks,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel and I'm very glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We recently installed new Simmons Beautyrest mattress in all our rooms, so I was pleased to hear that your bed was comfortable.
I hope your travels bring you back to the Minneapolis area. We look forward to your next stay with us.