“Simply Business!”

Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I was in Minneapolis for business, staying at the Radisson Plaza hotel. Initially, I was assigned a clean and attractive room on the 9th floor, but it was located in the interior part of the hotel without adequate natural light. I immediately called the front desk and asked to be reassigned to another room. The front desk gave me a room on the Club level without me requesting it. I felt like the hotels friendly staff went above and beyond to ensure I felt accommodated.

The bed and bed linen were of phenomenal quality; I did not want to leave the bed, ever. Although I did not eat in the restaurant, I did eat in the meeting rooms. The hotel food was superb.

My only negative is that there was no safe in the room, or at least I could not find it.

In simple terms, this is a great property that is committed to the business of hospitality. If your business travels take you to Minneapolis, you should strongly consider the Radisson Plaza.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the Radisson for a weekend getaway. The location is perfect and the hotel staff are top notch. Very comfortable rooms along with reasonable parking rates for downtown Minneapolis. At checkout we discovered our vehicle had a dead battery but no worries---we went to the front desk and they had someone from their maintenance staff (great man unfortunately I forgot to ask his name) meet us in the ramp with a portable charger and our vehicle was started within 10 min!! He refused to take any monies for his assistance, instead his comment was "just come back and see us again"--How awesome is that?!?!?! We will definitely be staying at the Radisson on a future trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Radisson-Rob-Smith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Valued Hotel Guest-

Thank you for your recent stay and for a great TA report! We will make sure that we recognize the exceptional service you outlined in your report and find out which engineer provided it. We look forward to having you back with us when your travel schedule finds you back in the Twin Cities.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

The title says it all. Everything from checkin, the room, amenities to departure was fine. One highlight was the restaurant. Very good. In summary I have no complaints and would gladly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Valued Guest-

We want to thank you both for your recent stay and for taking the time to write an insightful TA report. We are very proud of our restaurant Fire Lake and we appreciate the fact that you enjoyed it so much. We look forward to serving you again when you find yourself here in the Twin Cities.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was in Minneapolis for baseball (Target Field) and basketball (Target Center) and both stadiums are within five minutes walk of the Radisson Plaza, so it turned out perfectly for me. The hotel is very clean and business-like, and as others have mentioned the beds are extremely comfortable. My sleep patterns had been poor during the first part of my vacation but I felt rested by the end of my four nights here.

The hotel is right next to Nicollet Mall, good for the local shopping area, and only five minutes from the Hiawatha Line light rail, which I was hugely impressed with - makes getting to the airport and Mall of America very easy indeed without the need to drive or use cabs.

Didn't use Fire Lake, but it always looked busy and I would next time if I had the time to, but my stay was so busy I was usually eating on the run. Well worth considering for a visit to the Twin Cities.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Radisson-Rob-Smith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest-

My name is Rob Smith and I am the General Manager of the hotel. I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent stay and for an excellent TA report. We look forward to having you back when your travels return you to the twin cities.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We decided to try and stay in town after a celebratory dinner at Manny's. Got an awesome deal using the Hotel Tonight app. I sometimes feel like apologizing when using HT, Priceline , etc. but Allen at the front desk was so great...treated us like VIP's. I even think we got an upgraded room... Such a wonderful hotel and staff. Management: Allen is a tremendous employee asset for you! Not usually excited about staying in a hotel when I don't have to be in one for work, but our night in town was very special at this Radisson property!

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for an excellent TA report. We do take pride in the service we provide and we will ensure we recognize Allen for the superior service you highlighted.

We look forward to having you back in the Twin Cities soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Clean, very good business class floors, very good restaurant on site (Fire Lake) and very nice work out facilities. The business floors work out great. The hospitality room apatisers and drinks options are very good. The breakfast is also very well done. The hosts are excellent.

Stayed: April 2012

Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you for your recent stay, and a great TA report!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed our recent renovation to our fitness facility it has been receiving rave reviews. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We came to celebrate my husband's birthday and enjoyed a marvelous stay with you. The room was beyond my expectations and felt very luxurious. The exceptionaly friendly and helpful front desk clerk offered us free drink tickets to help us celebrate the special occasion. And in the lounge I enjoyed the most delicious cocktail I have EVER had the pleasure to imbibe. INCREDIBLE evening -- THANK YOU so much!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
RadissonPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear pmarie_12,

We are honored that you chose the Radisson Plaza Hotel to celebrate such a special occasion! It is wonderful to hear that someone from our front desk staff made such a positive impact on your experience here!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Best Regard,