“nice place”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I went solo to this hotel. I choose it for the location. I wanted to see some baseball games a Target Field. I easily and comfortably walked to the games. I ate breakfast at the hotel...off the menu, not the buffet. It was O.K. The fruit dish was skimpy and not much variety. The wait staff was helpful. I,with a friend, wanted to go to the Mall of America. The desk assistant suggested we take the train whose station was a pleasant walk of six or so blocks . We did. He saved us alot of money and time and we had a new experience. All in all, a good hotel. If I was gong to Minn and was to stay downtown, I would return. The location was very good. There were many restaurants/bars nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis

Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife and I blocked off a group of rooms for our family. Mike, DoubleTree's Executive Meeting Manager is as professional as they come. Setting up a block of rooms couldn't have been easier. I gave the number of rooms and the dates to Mike, he set up the room block, created a wedding website for our guests to use for check in, created a Hilton Honors account for us and on top of that, arranged for my wife and I to have an apartment suite at no charge. Mike was quick to answer the phone, lighting quick with an email reply. He always had the right answer, I literally had to do nothing, he did it all. Mike's the man.

The apartment suite was awesome, great views, super clean room, great space, glorious bed. Our family echoed our thoughts in regards to their rooms.

DoubleTree was the perfect hotel for our wedding and I would strongly urge any bride and groom to have Mike and the DoubleTree set up the perfect wedding night stay for them and their guests.

10/10 would be my rating if allowed.

Nice job DoubleTree - truly a top notch hotel in downtown Minneapolis.

Mike O. - There need to be more people like him, so willing to help, so professional, rock star for sure.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Drew S
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here with our volleyball team during the weekend of April 20 -- 22.

Staff: Extremely friendly. Very friendly and courteous. It is what you would expect at a DoubleTree.

Room: The room was a small suite with a refrigerator and microwave. Though the bed was comfortable, I was disappointed with the method they use to prepare the sheets on the bed. My first night, I was "short-sheeted". The sheet that they use to cover the mattress is too short to cover the entire length of the bed. Therefore, either your feet or your head are on the mattress and not the sheet. After asking the staff to fix this, they added another sheet to the bed so the sheets overlapped. The cleaning staff acknowledged that the sheets were too short, but they are not the people purchasing the sheets or setting the policy. This was a drawback and seemed like an expense cutting matter that needn't be.

I did like having two HDTV's in the suite and having the television channel listings easily available for use was a nice touch.

The work desk is was nice and not an afterthought. Well planned as for positioning in the room by the window.

Bathroom: Very small but clean. Towels are those nice, soft over-sized bath towels.

Location: Excellent for anywhere in downtown Minneapolis. The Convention Center is about a 10 minute walk. Restaurants are very close.

Hotel Restaurant: Disappointed with the breakfast. I ordered an omelet with onions, bell peppers and bacon. The vegetables were not cooked before they were put in the omelet, leaving me with a strong onion taste in my mouth for most of the day. Avoid the restaurant for breakfast. Overall, the food wasn't the greatest. I recommend going to one of the restaurants that are within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was booked here for a conference. the room was big, the service friendly and efficient, the location excellent for downtown needs..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dmz23
Reviewed 13 April 2012

To celebrate our anniversary my husband and I decided to go to a nice downtown dining venue and stay at the DoubleTree as it is walking distance to many fabulous places to eat.At check in staff greeted us with friendly smiles, made us feel welcome and to top it off, gave us a warm melt in your mouth cookie! Once in the room it is amazing- spacious, trendy.. After dinner we came back to the hotel and the friendly staff gave us many suggestions on places to go for an after dinner drink. The great location and friendly staff made our anniversary celebration even more special.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Arrived at the hotel shortly after 8AM so they did not have any "welcome cookies" yet. We were promised some for later. Hotel was understaffed and no one would answer the phone when dialing from my room. I had to use my cell phone to reach the front desk. I wanted to order food during normal hours of operation ( 1:00 PM on a Saturday) but the kitchen was not staffed. I was told by the front desk that she would get back to me on the food situation. She never called me back. Was told there was no heating available in the rooms but they did provide a space heater. Nice TVs and nice size room.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank floraatatl
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed at the DoubleTree last weekend because my work was just a few blocks away. The manager Mike was more then happy to find me a room when I walked in without a reservation. Everything was quick, efficient, and classy. The staff was upbeat and always showed curiosity for how my stay was. Mike personally called my room and asked how I was doing which in my opinion was a nice touch to a great stay. The front desk assistants, (forgot names) were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms are huge and it was more then enough room for myself. Room service was fast and delicious. Every need was tended to. I have no complaints about this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone on a budget looking for the best bang for their buck. It is also within walking distance of all the local shops and eateries. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business