“Average lunch”
Review of Spasso

Spasso
Reserve with OpenTable
Spasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 98 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 101
Transit: Free Round Trip Car Service in our new 2010 Cadillac Escalade. Up to 6 people
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

We have been there a few times for meals, and had a good experience. We recently stopped by for lunch and it was okay. I had a pizza- they have a wood fired pizza oven- but it was a bit tasteless. Minnesota spicy seems to have won out. We will go back as we like the location, and service was good, but hopefully the food is back to par.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Nice Italian inspired menu but I wouldn't rate it more than average. Nevertheless, the appetizers (e.g. polenta fries), dinners (e.g. spicy sausage, ravioli in vodka sauce) and deserts (e.g. tiramisu) tasted well.
Service is friendly but could check a little more often for refills etc.
Mosquitos at the end of the night were a bummer.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I have been a great fan of Spasso since it opened, but my last two visits were really disappointing. While the service was okay, the food was not up to standard. The first visit I had to send the meal back because it was so bad. On my second visit, I had ordered it cooked a certain way, but when it was served, it was cooked completely different. I don't know if they have a new chef or what. But be aware if you go there.

Reviewed June 17, 2017

Spasso's food is better than average, but not in the very good category. It does have an excellent outdoor patio, but where Spasso excels is if you take advantage of buying a bottle or two in their wine shop next door, then take them into the restaurant to drink, you will pay no corkage, for a large group, this is great value.Their wines by the glass are also excellent value as well. A good place for families to enjoy summer on the patio.
Cheers

Reviewed May 17, 2017

My girlfriends and I have been coming here for the past 10 years and have always had good food, service etc. Last night however, this was NOT the case. Some of our food was actually so bad we sent it back and ordered completely different items --- and the rest was just mediocre. The carbonara in particular was so bad that I actually had to spit out the 1 bite I attempted to eat. Also, when the chicken satay appetizer was brought to the table, I had to ask the waitress if it was truly chicken --- as it did not resemble it at all. I thought perhaps it was just an appearance thing, but when I tried to eat it, found out it was both an appearance and taste issue. It tasted like a piece of some unknown, rubbery substance. We were incredibly disappointed with our dinner at Spasso, as we have had such pleasant experiences in the past. After reading other, recent reviews, it appears this might not have been a fluke experience --- but indicative of an unpleasant change (obviously in the kitchen) with the restaurant. With all the other restaurant options in the area, I'm sorry to say that we will not be returning to Spasso anytime soon --- if at all.