“A very pleasant surprise indeed”
Review of Spasso

Spasso
Reserve with OpenTable
Spasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 98 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 101
Transit: Free Round Trip Car Service in our new 2010 Cadillac Escalade. Up to 6 people
Reviewed September 12, 2017

We passed by many times since it opened but after looking inside, its psuedo-pub interior suggested this was another formula type restaurant that didn't have fish and chips. Well we tried it finally as a Sunday evening alternative for ourselves, our son and daughter-in-law and our two teen age grand daughters. A small pizza divided nicely into 6 pieces as a starter. All of our mains were well prepared, tasty and the portions generous. And there were a large number of choices. The wine list was amazing for this type of venue, but most amazing was how reasonable the wine list markups were. I am hesitant to write this (lest they figure this out before our next visit) , but we ordered a wine with approximately a 33% mark up over retail in contrast to the usual 300-400% mark up frequently encountered in restaurants for wines in the $30-40 wine list range. Deserts--Ok the Key Lime pie was good, but not as great as one of my wife's friends said it was. The flourless chocolate cake tasted like a piece of fudge rather than a cake, but our teen age chocolate consumer was still hesitant to allow anyone a taste. All in all, a very pleasant surprise indeed. We will be back.

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

We have been there a few times for meals, and had a good experience. We recently stopped by for lunch and it was okay. I had a pizza- they have a wood fired pizza oven- but it was a bit tasteless. Minnesota spicy seems to have won out. We will go back as we like the location, and service was good, but hopefully the food is back to par.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Nice Italian inspired menu but I wouldn't rate it more than average. Nevertheless, the appetizers (e.g. polenta fries), dinners (e.g. spicy sausage, ravioli in vodka sauce) and deserts (e.g. tiramisu) tasted well.
Service is friendly but could check a little more often for refills etc.
Mosquitos at the end of the night were a bummer.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I have been a great fan of Spasso since it opened, but my last two visits were really disappointing. While the service was okay, the food was not up to standard. The first visit I had to send the meal back because it was so bad. On my second visit, I had ordered it cooked a certain way, but when it was served, it was cooked completely different. I don't know if they have a new chef or what. But be aware if you go there.

Reviewed June 17, 2017

Spasso's food is better than average, but not in the very good category. It does have an excellent outdoor patio, but where Spasso excels is if you take advantage of buying a bottle or two in their wine shop next door, then take them into the restaurant to drink, you will pay no corkage, for a large group, this is great value.Their wines by the glass are also excellent value as well. A good place for families to enjoy summer on the patio.
Cheers