“Just OK”
Review of Spasso

Spasso
Reserve with OpenTable
Spasso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 107 Restaurants in Minnetonka
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 101
Transit: Free Round Trip Car Service in our new 2010 Cadillac Escalade. Up to 6 people
Description: A lively neighborhood restaurant and wine bar just minutes from the eastern shores of Lake Minnetonka. We feature a crowd - pleasing mix of Italian classics and imaginative dishes featuring fresh entrees, scrumptious pastas, and delectable desserts. Spasso also has the best wine program in the Twin Cities, period! We are the only restaurant in the metro area to sell it's entire wine list (over 100 bottles) at retail pricing. That means we eliminate the 2-3 times markup found at other restaurants. It doesn't need to be a special occasion, but we are ready to celebrate with you if it is. Join us for Lunch, Brunch, Dinner or Happy Hour 7 days a week!!
Reviewed January 21, 2018

After moving to Minnetonka 7 months ago, my family and I finally made it to Spasso. I'd like to say that it was worth the wait, but it wasn't. Upon arrival, the hostess sat us down and after ten minutes without a waiter coming to our table, my wife went to ask the hostess if a waiter had been assigned to our table. A waiter finally showed up and we ordered. When the food arrived, it was good, but not as hot as it should have been for the cost. In hindsight, I should have sent it back, but as I've gotten older, I choose to complain less and take a position by not returning.

1  Thank HBR2000

Reviewed January 20, 2018

I like Spasso. I've been here many times. Some favs are the walleye and vegetarian lasagna. This time I had the Gnocchi and it was delish!

You can make reservations, and it is affiliated with the wine shop next door. So go select a bottle of wine and bring it to the restaurant. They will serve it with no corkage fee.

Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

We love this spot! Great drink prices and a credibly tasty happy hour food specials!! Our group has never been disappointed going here.

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

Spasso has a great location, nice interior, great wine list (and option to bring wine over from next door), and is ridiculously close to our house, but we are constantly frustrated with the service and inconsistent food. We have eaten there many times since it opened and have ordered food for takeout even more often. Takeout has been very frustrating: the staff that takes orders do not know the menu well, constantly forget things, and once handed us our pizzas in a bag in such a way that they "folded" into themselves and the toppings all fell off. Several years ago for Valentine's Day we went and my husband ordered the Prime Rib special. Our waitress came back to say they were out - okay, it was Valentine's Day and the special, but it was only about 7:30 pm, maybe if you're going to have a special make enough. So, he is disappointed, but orders the walleye instead. The waitress brings my meal, doesn't say a word to him - we just figure that his us coming but that it got ordered later so we wait. He tells me to eat. I do. I finish. Finally he is able to flag her down and she says she never put in his order. Happy Valentine's Day! One time I ordered the pecan chicken salad at the bar and upon getting it commented to the bartender that it wasn't very good. She agreed she has never liked it as the chicken cutlets are frozen and deep fried. Ugh! Why do we keep going? Because we live in the burbs and there aren't that many options - especially that are not a chain. But, come on Spasso, step it up!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 5, 2017

First time here! Had the meatball appetizer which was good but had some fillings to it. The penne pasta was excellent as was the chop chop salad. Prime rib sandwich was also very good. Great service. Inexpensive.

Date of visit: December 2017