“No Deli!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mora
Osage, Minnesota
“No Deli!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2011

Don't stay here unless you like stinky Indian sandalwood incense. Breakfast suck. Same gravy served in same crock pot all week, brown crust on it. No busquits some days, just gravy----what were we supposed to put it on, corn flakes???. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Bring your own protein for breakfast. My advise, keep traveling.!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SOL43401

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ramsey, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

Stayed in Mora for a hockey tournament. Location was PERFECT, staff was generally friendly (the night person was almost TOO friendly). The room was VERY clean and the availability of the microwave and mini-fridge was a pleasant surprise as well. Loved having the hairdryer in the room as well.

We thought it was weird that the pool wasn't going to be open until 3pm, but once they saw our group arrive, they allowed us to use it early (I guess). Also strange that we got a call right around 10pm asking if we had any pool towels in our room. Given the number of kids going between rooms after 9pm we did get annoyed with the sounds of doors slamming, but that was much more a parent issue than a hotel problem.

Breakfast in the morning was great. Much more than a continental is to be expected. The staff kept it well stocked and if there was one suggestion about the breakfast bar would be that there needs to be more than one waffle maker :-)

Oh and we wish they would've allowed pets.

We'd stay there again with no hesitation!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JillK-MN
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

I made a reservation for Saturday, July 31 in a N/S King Whirlpool Suite only to be told after traveling for 2 hours with my 8 month old baby and arriving at 11:30pm that they didn't have a room for me and that 'reservations messed up'. There were no other hotels in the area that were available. The Front Desk agent was new and had no idea to handle the situation.

Generally with this happens, the hotel is responsible for 'walking the guest' to a comprable hotel in the area and picking up the tab. That's what other hotels do!!!!
However, this did not happen. I had nowhere to stay. After standing at the front desk calling other hotels in the area FOR THE HOTEL that messed me around, I was finally put in their meeting room on a pull out sleeper sofa to be shared with myself, my husband and my baby.

The room had no curtains (only broken blinds….we had to put up towels on the windows), no tv, no phone, no coffee machine and all in all was quite the frustrating night. YET……….I was STILL CHARGED!!!!! I have left numerous messages with Customer Service and I am still waiting for the GM to return my call with a resolution and a credit.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank my_honest_opinion_01

Travellers are raving about these Mora hotels

j2651
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2010

We were here for a wedding and the staff was horrible. Wouldn't let us check in for the bride even though she was told it would be fine. She had to leave her reception to check in. Closed the pool early. Wouldn't offer late check out. We had rented the party room and they had the fridge locked and then came in and started cleaning while we were still there. Tried to charge us twice for our room - once at night when we checked in and once again in the morning....PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE...WE NEED TO DEMAND BETTER SERVICE. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank j2651
Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Prices were high for the facility and the location. It wasn't so much the quality of the hotel that was unacceptable, but rather the "feeling" that we weren't welcome that our entire group felt at this hotel. All but the main light was off in the main lobby area for the entire time of our 2-night stay. (The "warm and cozy" area with a fireplace, which was not lit, was dark and cold.) We felt like we were being watched so that we wouldn't walk out with their lamps or pillows, etc. It was odd that our credit cards were billed at the time of check-in, rather than check-out...again, giving us the feeling that they expected us to try and get away with something. Meeting facility was spacious and adequate for our needs, but the refrigerator was locked in the meeting room...again-giving everyone a feeling that guests weren't to be trusted. Rooms were clean, but small. Towels should be upgraded.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank MinnesotaBetsy
Minneapolis,Mn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

Standard on the road motel, back area used by semi for parking, no eating place within walking distance, Easy web access, pool, breakfast was basic, cereals, rolls, and toaster waffles. Good selection of cable TV. No desk in room to do any work on.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank business-traveler-Mn
hell
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2006

Made reservations on-line the night before I arrived and when I showed up they REFUSED to honor my price even though I had the reservation printed.

They wanted to charge me $20 more for one night, when I refused to pay they charged my CC anyways.

Stay away from this hotel!!!! Sleep at a mom & pop if you have to!!

• Liked — NOTHING!!!!!!
  • Disliked — THE HOTEL MANAGER AND STAFF
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away from this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
4 Thank mqtman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mora
32.8 km away
28.2 km away
Super 8 Milaca
Super 8 Milaca
#1 of 2 in Milaca

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mora? Share your experiences!