See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 18, 2015

My hubby and I stayed at Econo Lodge, New Ulm and I would say the price was reasonable enough for the room. Nothing fancy, just a basic place while visiting family so we weren't there very much. Friendly staff checking in and out. Our only complaint is the breakfast nook is very small and cramped. The photo on their website is not accurate, only a few tiny tables and no room to walk if people are sitting there or at the counter. Their waffle maker was on the side of the front desk and food choice was small. Luckily Perkins was just 2 blocks away. I would stay here again but a little updating wouldn't hurt.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2015

I was a little apprehensive to stay here but I had nothing to worry about. It was just fine. There was a jewel in the establishment.....Charles, the gentleman who checked us in. He was so professional, helpful, friendly and a true gentleman. You would have thought he was working at the Ritz Carlton and wearing a 3-piece suit. I hope the management takes note of him and shows him their appreciation. He truly made our stay one to remember. He's a class act and reflects it in your hotel.
Aside from that, our room was just fine (nothing wrong with it) and the breakfast was pretty good. The breakfast employee was even making waffles for us to help keep up with the busy morning.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2015

As you drive up to the lobby and see the Econolodge for the first time it does not impress you. The exterior walls are kind of stark and the blinds being helter skelter in many of the windows give an impression of disarray. The interior, though, is fine, clean and cared for.

Check in went smoothly. Our room was in tip top shape and the wifi was maxed out at five bars.

The breakfast was not as elaberate as some more upscale motels but hey, It is an Econolodge. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Max H
Reviewed July 26, 2015 via mobile

We stopped over in New Ulm to visit the brewery. The hotel was clean. Staff relatively friendly (my sister had an issue as they checked her into a room that hadn't been cleaned - although they were having internet issues that day). Simple carb loaded breakfast (bagels, cereal, waffles and yogurt). Small rooms with really soft/ small pillows. For an econolodge it met my expectations.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2015

The room had recently been updated, the bed was comfortable, and the room was clean and quiet. Even though the whole bottom floor was non-smoking, there was a pervasive smell of smoke in the hall. The staff was friendly and helpful; the breakfast basic. Since we were in town for a family function, the place was certainly adequate.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family