See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 30, 2015

We were very pleased with our stay. The price was very competitive, rooms were clean and well-kept, breakfast was good. The only downside is that I paid ahead of time with a credit card and was charged a second time on checkout, even though the statement they gave me showed no additional charge. I've called once and was refunded 10% of the extra charge. I've filed a dispute with my credit card company after trying to reach the hotel by phone two weeks after the first call. We'll see how it's handled from here. I'd love to rate them high because I felt our stay was great, but I will not be charged twice for it.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2015

Not the best hotel to stay in! The hallways had a very musty smell. The pillows & towels had hair on them & we had to ask for new ones. The bathrooms were not very clean. The breakfast nook is sooooo very small, 5 people & it was super crowded!!! There was not much of a choice for breakfast either, so we decided to go elsewhere for breakfast. We were told the back door locked after 10:00 pm. However, there was no way it could've locked, as the latch was broke. Look elsewhere if you can!

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed October 18, 2015

My hubby and I stayed at Econo Lodge, New Ulm and I would say the price was reasonable enough for the room. Nothing fancy, just a basic place while visiting family so we weren't there very much. Friendly staff checking in and out. Our only complaint is the breakfast nook is very small and cramped. The photo on their website is not accurate, only a few tiny tables and no room to walk if people are sitting there or at the counter. Their waffle maker was on the side of the front desk and food choice was small. Luckily Perkins was just 2 blocks away. I would stay here again but a little updating wouldn't hurt.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2015

I was a little apprehensive to stay here but I had nothing to worry about. It was just fine. There was a jewel in the establishment.....Charles, the gentleman who checked us in. He was so professional, helpful, friendly and a true gentleman. You would have thought he was working at the Ritz Carlton and wearing a 3-piece suit. I hope the management takes note of him and shows him their appreciation. He truly made our stay one to remember. He's a class act and reflects it in your hotel.
Aside from that, our room was just fine (nothing wrong with it) and the breakfast was pretty good. The breakfast employee was even making waffles for us to help keep up with the busy morning.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2015

As you drive up to the lobby and see the Econolodge for the first time it does not impress you. The exterior walls are kind of stark and the blinds being helter skelter in many of the windows give an impression of disarray. The interior, though, is fine, clean and cared for.

Check in went smoothly. Our room was in tip top shape and the wifi was maxed out at five bars.

The breakfast was not as elaberate as some more upscale motels but hey, It is an Econolodge. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family