All reviewsrecommend this hotelnice hotelholiday innattached green millpool sidegreat place to stayattached restaurantcomplimentary breakfastbaseball tournamentroom was cleanrestaurant barhotel breakfastgreat optionpoolside roomwedding receptionlarge hot tubwestern hotels
Reviewed July 5, 2018

So, i love this hotel the food is great and the rooms are super clean. Every single staff member smiled at me and had a pleasant attitude from the bottom all the way to the top. A huge indoor pool and spa make this a great stay. The bar is awesome and the bar staff is simply fun to be around. Sometimes it just works right?

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Edward V
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Lovely motel with updated decor and a warm atmosphere. The breakfast room was very comfortable and served a variety of quality breakfast items! Our king suite was extra spacious and a highlight was a 5 ft electric glowing fireplace—no heat for us but definite ambiance!
The attached Green Mill was great for a nightcap with super bartender!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in rm 179 on 6/6/18 for 1 night at a rate of $144 booked online. I suggest maybe calling hotel direct for AAA/ARP discounts.

Excellent customer service at check in. The lobby offered lemon water upon arrival. The lobby area was updated & clean.

The carpets in the hallway to room & in room show age. However, there were no funky smells in hall.

Room 179 was clean, no signs of bugs, no smells, & the beds were comfortable. Once inside room I didn’t hear any hallway noise or noise from next room.

Large pool & hot tub. However the jets from the hottub were not working this night. Another guest who had been staying there for 2 months said jets worked the night before.

Breakfast stops at 9am here which is disappointing.

Hotel has restaurant/bar attached. I ate at George’s Fine Steaks & Spirts downtown. Excellent food/service. Owner is brilliant. All homemade food.

Hotel is very close to Schell Brewery for tours.

Hy-Vee & Hy-Vee liquor store across the parking lot from hotel making this hotel a convenient place to stay. The microtel is around $80 & it too 5 rooms to find one that didn’t smell.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank LoveToSoloTravel
HiNewUlm, General Manager at Best Western Plus New Ulm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We are so happy to choose our hotel in New Ulm during your stay. Our New Ulm property offers an excellent Green Mill restaurant and bar, pool and spa, close to Schell's Brewery and minuets away from downtown.

Reviewed June 1, 2018

We stayed for one night over Memorial Day. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating, the hotel was crowded with a baseball tournament in town. This is a good sized hotel with plenty of room for everyone. Our room was in great shape. There was a good morning breakfast too top it all off. Good hotel, would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and found the rooms to be in great shape. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

My family and I had a noise issue with the initial room we were given(Our room was right next to the pool where there was a large group of kids from a sporting tournament and families congregating just outside our door). I went back to the front desk to request a new room if possible and the hotel GM Erin was there. She immediately said it was not a problem and then proceeded to personally escort my son and I to a few different rooms so we could choose the room that would work best for us. Erin also helped carry some of our belongings to the new room. We travel quite frequently and I don't think I have ever encountered a nicer more helpful hotel employee than Erin. I would definitely recommend this hotel based on her service alone. The room and hotel was also very clean and we had no issues during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank spmonson

On behalf of the staff we thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus, New Ulm. We are happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and hope to see you again soon.