Grand View Lodge
US$72
AmericInn by Wyndham Pequot Lakes(Pequot Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$160
Madden's on Gull Lake(East Gull Lake)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$153
US$144
HIExpress.com
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake(East Gull Lake)(Great Value!)
US$219
Nisswa Motel(Nisswa)
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain propertyroy lakeglacial watersbreakfast buffetgull lakebedroom cabinfamily vacationmeal plangolf villasgirls weekendoxindoor poolgas fireplaceitalian gardenfull kitchenice fishingbanana boat
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed at the Grandview Lodge for a girl's weekend with a friend. The space was what you'd expect from a 100-or-so year old resort. We stayed in the main lodge. The room had a sofa, small patio, king bed, etc. The bed was WAY too firm, I've stayed at a lot of resorts where people complain about the bed's firmness (primarily in Mexico, the Caribbean) and none of them made my back hurt like this one (I'm in my early 30s, for reference).

We had some issues with reservations. I was able to make a 10 am appointment for my friend and myself to get a hot stone massage. The practitioner was great - but the big issue is that, though we were told 10am, we were actually scheduled for 9:45. We lost out on 1/4 of our massage, and still had to pay full price. Bummer.

The second issue was with reservations at CRU. My friend called to make a reservation, the person on the phone mentioned, 6, my friend asked for 7, they offered 6:30, then settled on a 6:45 reservation. I heard the actual conversation. The issue was that we came in at 6:45 and were told that we missed our reservation because it was at 6pm. Augh!

Finally, our cleaning crew didn't refresh water or coffee - we had to head down to the front desk to ask for them. That was not a big deal, just a nice to know.

I don't know that I'd stay at Grand View Lodge again. There are a lot of great resorts and cabins that we could rent that are closer to home. Maybe I'm spoiled by all the resorts that function like a well-oiled machine, but I was not impressed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kenzielarae
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I just spent a great weekend at Grand View Lodge with my sister. Arrived on Friday 3/16 for massages, mani/pedi at the spa - as usual it was a wonderful day. Services started on time, staff professional, friendly, spa was clean. Loved the lemon & cucumber infused water in the relaxation room! Cabin 126 lakeside was great, we enjoyed a bottle of wine, snacks on the deck. Fri dinner @ Northwoods Pub was awesome (spinach schrimp salad, wild rice soup & cosmo martinis...okay we are RELAXED gals. Power walked around the resort, shopped Brainerd, back on our deck by 5 for wine, cheese & crackers. Friendly cabins neighbors, weather had most folks outside but it was relaxed & felt like we were in our own little peice of heaven on that deck! Dinner at CRU, we had reservations. I travel frequnently, own a lakehome an hour from GVL. Born/have lived in MN my entire 50 years.... dinner at CRU was one of the best I have had in Crow Wing county in years, perhaps ever (except that I am lifelong fan of Norway Ridge on Kimble Lake) Okay back to GVL: staff at fronk desk awesome, same for Pub & crew & spa - no complaints what so ever. Constrruction underway at main dining room, looks to be ready by May & will be beautiful, we hear a new menu is coming as well...just got home hours ago & we are already planning a couples long weekend and will be back for spa weekend &CRU by the fall for sure. Resorts guests were diverse- gals weekends, couples, families and everyone we chatted with or observed seemed like us...happy, relaxed and enjoying themselves.

Room Tip: lakeside cabins have great access to pool area, playground, paths everywhere which make it easy for bike riders, strollers, elderly or girls wearing cute shoes that we want to keep dry and clean.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Joan M
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We have stayed at Grand View Lodge numerous times but I believe the time has come to look elsewhere. There were some good things:
>Registration process and staff
>Wait staff for breakfast
>Beautiful new conference center
>Breakfasts served were good
But there were plenty of TERRIBLE things:
>Pool---its getting old; it was dirty; there is no place to swim per se---just plain dirty
>Work out facility--its getting very old; equipment not working well; room is dingy
>Loon Lodge: filthy; mold; carpet was disgusting; old refrigerators; oven was dirty and created smoke in the lodge; TV's were broken; furniture was old and dirty.

Room Tip: Only ask for remodeled places to stay in---so many of their places (like the Loon Lodge) are dirty, dingy and not very appealing
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank HLICguy
MarkTine, Public Relations Manager at Grand View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

We thank you for your observations and want to let you know the 2012 year brings many new renovations. Most projects need to wait until spring to get rolling but we are excited about being able to start early this year. First, our waterpark and fitness center are currently going through a “refresh and renew” project that will be making significant visual changes to our Waterpark Center. Also 20+ cabins along the lakeside are receiving large renovations including Loon Lodge, which many will be receiving full kitchens, flooring and so much more. We take pride in our property and amenities and work hard to make sure our guests have an opportunity to create wonderful memories. We hope you visit again soon to see all the new and improved features to Grand View in 2012 which also include our Lodge Dining Room and the Lakes 9 at the Pines Golf Course.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

This was our family's 2nd stay at Grand View Lodge. Both trips were awesome. Check in was quick and easy. The staff members are all very friendly and helpful. And they also have movies that you can rent out for free, which was nice for our weekend getaway. We stayed in room #568 which was a Roy Lake Golf Villa. It had 2 bedrooms- each with a queen size bed and tv, and a loft which had 2 queen beds and a tv, as well as a foos ball table. The villa was beautiful! The fireplace was very nice to warm up by after coming in from playing outside. And we loved being able to have a full kitchen because we brought a bunch of food to cook, instead of having to go out. But we did go to the breakfast buffet (which was included in our package) and it was very good- lots of variety and fresh! Our family had a great stay and there's always lots of things to do at Grand View Lodge. We will continue to visit for many years to come!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ashley A

We thank you for recent return to Grand View again. We are always pleased to see that our hard work and dedication are appreciated and it means a lot to our staff. We have many new improvements happening this spring and look forward to your family’s return to another experience “Up North” at Grand View.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We returned for my wife's birthday. Wonderful accommodations, with fireplace. We took in the Special French meal with specific wines and a somolier teaching us about the wines. Great value.

• Stayed: February 2012