Grand View Lodge
Quarterdeck Resort(Nisswa)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$76
US$68
Good Ol' Days Family Resort(Nisswa)(Great Value!)
US$146
Lost Lake Lodge(Nisswa)(Great Value!)
US$200
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Pequot Lakes(Pequot Lakes)(Great Value!)
US$140
Madden's on Gull Lake(East Gull Lake)(Great Value!)
US$99
Orbitz.com
US$109
US$100
HIExpress.com
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake(East Gull Lake)(Great Value!)
US$125
TripAdvisor
US$134
US$111
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsmain propertyroy lakeglacial watersbreakfast buffetgull lakemeal plangranite countersbedroom cabingolf villasgirls weekendtown homesindoor poolgas fireplaceoxitalian gardenfull kitchenice fishing
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I booked the Silver Golf package for 2 nights and three rounds of golf for May 21 - 23. I called to book the stay and the agent recommended that we stay at Roy Lake Cabin as they were a year old and had full kitchen’s. These cabins were about 1 ½ miles from the main resort which was fine with us. From the pictures they cabins looked real nice and we liked that they had full kitchens. About a week before we got a call from Grand View saying there was a problem with a water leak in the cabin and they had to put us in a different cabin. We were told it was very nice but it only had a mini fridge and microwave. That was disappointing news bit I accepted the changes as I felt I had no option. The cabin we were given was nice and but I felt that we got lesser accommodations at the same cost to us. The cabin (#129) was nice and right next to the beach. It may be a bit loud in the summer due to the proximity to the swim area but was nice and quiet in May.

We arrived on Monday, after playing golf at the Preserve, about 4:00 PM and check in went fairly quickly. When we were done we were shown where our cabin was but the clerk did not know exactly where we were to park. We walked down from the lodge to our cabin and from there determined the best place to park. While we were ate the lodge we saw the sign for the Chocolate Ox and after we moved into the cabin we thought we would go for some ice cream.. We called the front desk asking the hours for the Ox and were told 10:30 - 5:30 so we took a leisurely walk arriving at about 5:00 just as they were closing for the day…phew that was close. Come to find out they were open 12 - 5 in May. I would have expected that the front desk would have known the hours.

The breakfast buffet came with the package was outstanding. It had a great selection of foods including make your own waffles, wide selection of fresh fruit, various egg dishes, potatoes and breakfast meats. We did not eat other meals at the lodge but the restaurants and menus looked good and the prices were not out of line.

When we checked out we were using a couple gift cards and charging the remaining balance. This seemed to confuse the agent but I attribute it ti her being new and had not be trained on processing transactions like this. Everyone else was busy so there was no one available to help her immediately. She did finally get the procedure and we got checked out. My wife found a sweatshirt she wanted to buy and we purchased it.. Not until we got home did we notice that it still had the security ink device still attached.

I did call and spoke to a supervisor about the sweatshirt and the other issues we encountered. She said told us how would could remove the tag or that they would pay to have us mail it back. She was very apologitic when I told her all the issues we had and did send us a $50 gift card.

The golf is great at Grand View and the vacation was very good except for a few rough spots.

If you go make sure you check out the Chocolate Ox.. the ice cream is great and the make chocolate and fudge. They also have a great selection of nostalgia candies.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RonJac
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This place reminds me of the resort on Dirty Dancing...without the dancing. Our first stay here was in June 2010 on a fabulous red cabin on Roy Lake. It was away from the main property. It was marvelous! I loved it. We went back in June 2011 and stayed in a cabin on the main property and I was so disappointed. It was old, the air conditioning didn't work well and the carpet seemed icky. The bed was not near as comfortable either. I yearned for that red cabin on Roy Lake the whole visit! I felt like I was at camp...and for the amount of money spent on the trip, I should have never felt that way!
The spa is wonderful. I have received a hot stone massage both trips and they were amazing.
The food needs more zest, seasoning, spice, character. It is just sort of plain. We are from the south so we like our food kicked up a notch.
I think some upkeep could be made to some of the cabins to make it more 5 star since the prices are 5 star prices.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RandsTravelingGirl
Reviewed May 16, 2012

It's a lovely property with good people working there. I recommend Grand View to people and I would stay there again in the future. My experience overall was very good, but not fantastic, and that's because of what I call "the details." Here are the positives: great beach area, beautiful setting, comfortable accommodations, nice linens, historic building with charm, good food with multiple eateries to choose from, nice staff. "The details" they missed on were: room was clean but not spotless (dust on tables, shelving, etc.), room was run down in places (but not overall, just needed some refreshing here and there), priced on the high end, no room service to cabins. It's a wonderful place for families on the weekends during the winter or anytime during the summer. For a quiet, romantic getaway I would not recommend it during those times, rather go during the week during off season (fall, winter, spring) or possibly a winter weekend, but be prepared for a few kids to be around. The spa on site is fantastic! Don't miss it if it's your thing and you can afford it.

Room Tip: They have cabins on the beach which is wonderful, but they're very close together (much closer than it appears on their property map online) and near the playground on the beach, so be prepared for noise during the warm summer months. Quieter rooms/cabins farther away from beach or in the lodge. For parents wanting to keep an eye on their small ones, the cabins near the playground work very well.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank wackykathy
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Grand View Lodge is a wonderful place to stay! We rented a big cabin on the property for my whole family and it was a blast. The cabin was new and very nicely furnished with a wonderful view of the lake. The beach and pool were excellent, and the restaurants were very good. We especially liked the small Italian restaurant. Grand View was a great place to stay with something for everybody in the family to enjoy. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank shapiro22
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed in a Golf Villa (565) March 16-18. We had a great time. It had a full kitchen, living room upstairs, bedroom and bath upstairs, living room downstairs as well as a pool table, tv, fridge, bedroom and bath. Each bedroom had 2 queen beds. My only complaint was the mattresses were old and uncomfortable, but everything else was great. It also had a deck with patio furniture and it was steps away from the fire ring.
I have never had a bad experience at Grand View. Breakfast buffet was also included and it was also very good.

Room Tip: I think they are all good.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends