“An Anniversary Afternoon Lunch with the Wife”

Taste of Scandinavia
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in North Oaks
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Reviewed October 4, 2018

The wife and I chose to try this restaurant because it offered the both of us something we thought we might like. This restaurant is located in a strip mall in one of our more exclusive suburbs-North Oaks. We walked in, read the overhead menu boards and placed our order. We then took a seat at one of the many tables and waited less than ten minutes for our food. My wife had the Open Face Swedish Roasted Red Pepper Chicken sandwich and I had the Finnish Pasty (Paah-sty) with a petite side salad. The orders were delivered to our table. My wife said that her's was very good and I found mine good as well. I have to say that the petite salad was about the size of what you get in any restaurant and I would not call it petite. The salad consisted of mixed greens, broccoli, cauliflower, cranberries, red onion, cucumber and tomato. The Finn's must like their pasties a little dry as compared to the Cornish pasties from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The pasty size was a little bit bigger than Cornish pasties and seemed more bread like. The restaurant staff were pretty busy for two o'clock in the afternoon, but things moved right along. Place was clean and you bused the table yourself.

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

I have been a customer of this restaurant/Bakery for many years. The breakfast menu has many good choices. I really enjoy having lunch with the salmon salad being my favorite. If I have room for dessert I love the Swedish kringler.
For special occasions their cakes are delicious. I have bought their special cookies as well.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Stopped to buy a few baked goods based on past Trip Advisor reviews. Had the Norwegian almond kringler. OMG it was delicious with a flakey cookie crust on the bottom and delicious almond filling on top. Also bought a cherry almond danish that was excellent. Definitely would visit again.

The 2 young girls waiting on customers were so patient with us and explained the various pastries. They gave excellent recommendations.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Great bread, fresh from the bakery. They have good dine-in or take out meals, particularly breakfast and lunch. But the bakery treats are their specialty.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Some locals from White Bear Lake took the seven of us here on a Wednesday morning around 9 AM. Although there wasn’t a line when we arrived, one formed as we ordered at the counter that also doubled as the sale point of the bakery. We pushed a couple of tables together (that were used by a large group after us) otherwise the tables seemed to accommodate four. The restaurant filled up quickly, but I did not see anyone not having a seat.

Our orders and coffee were brought to us while water and soft drinks were self serve.
We noticed people bussing their dishes, so we did too when finished.

I had the Swedish omelet that included hash browns inside and a side of salsa. The others knew Scandinavian food names and ordered accordingly—Norwegian omelet and pulla. All delicious with generous portions. We bought three loaves of bread ranging from $3-$4.50; very reasonable and good.