Outing Lodge at Pine Point
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lowell Inn(Stillwater)
Water Street Inn(Stillwater)
View Hotel
Shady Birch Resort(Marine on Saint Croix)
View Hotel
All reviewsbed and breakfastpine pointwine and cheese tastingsweet dogweekend weddingchocolate labbreakfast was deliciousgateway trailhistorical buildingfresh fruitcommon areasouting lodgerobert frost roomcarlottacocoastillwaterfuton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We spent Friday and Saturday night here. Saturday night they had a dinner and traveling jazz club. Both were excellent. The breakfast was also wonderful, with homemade scones and pastries, scrambled eggs, granola, etc. There was coffee, pop, and ice water available throughout the day and into the evening. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We stayed in one of the smallest rooms, but it was comfortable. All in all we had an enjoyable time and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
carlota1, Manager at Outing Lodge at Pine Point, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

Thank you so much for appreciating our 'out of the ordinary' lodge and helping promote what we have to offer !

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I love the look of the B & B. I love the BIG fireplace!! Yes, somethings do need replacing but it is still a very nice get away. We took a nice walk on all the property around it. It was very peaceful. The breakfast was FANTASTIC. The pastries YUMMY:) The breakfast time was very reasonable. The staff was wonderful and helpful. If I had any complaint to share it would only be that they need less squeaky beds as we couldn't avoid hearing others enjoy their stay. We had a good laugh though. :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments and your good humor!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I used a Crowd Cut voucher for my stay here. With that said, it did take awhile to actually find a date that worked with my schedule and theirs, and unfortunately that ended up being a random Tuesday where I still worked till 5:30 and had to drive a half hour to get to the location of the B&B. I had to have my husband go and check in early because their check-in ended at 5pm. They said we could have a late check-in but that everyone would be gone, so that seemed silly and I wanted one of us to actually know where to go, etc.

We stayed in the Eva Peron room which was nice and spacious. It had a main bedroom with fireplace and couple of chairs, a sunroom, an extra little room with a futon, and a bathroom with a bath big enough for two and a shower. The bed was fine but the sheets almost felt like they belonged in a hospital.

The thing I was most upset about was that when I called to make the reservation I asked to upgrade our breakfast to include eggs and bacon and to have it delivered to our room. When my husband went to go check in, again he confirmed that we would be receiving this breakfast upgrade. The next morning came, and there was no breakfast delivered. We called them to check and went downstairs and they claimed that they only noted the breakfast upgrade to include the eggs and bacon. Bottom line, what I paid for the breakfast upgrade did not seem worth what it cost considering they had eggs out on the buffet area already.

However, they were very accommodating to my dietary needs. I have Crohn's Disease and I'm currently avoiding all dairy products, so I was glad that they were very gracious about helping me out with that.

Overall, the staff seems willing to help with anything but it appears that guests need to be more assertive due to the hours that the staff actually works.

1  Thank egott25
carlota1, Manager at Outing Lodge at Pine Point, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

We appreciate your feedback. We can only improve where we know our weaknesses.
We only have 5 rooms included in these super deals. Due to large volume of voucher sales, there is limited availability on week-end nights. This limited availability is part of how vouchers work: you pay ½ to 1/3 of the price and you have to work within certain limits of time and availability. We apologize for not having more availability on Fridays & Saturdays & Sundays and we wish we had more dates to offer, but this situation refers to factors that are out of our hands.
Breakfast is served buffet style from 9 to 10:30. There is a full description of it in our website: it includes fresh fruits, orange juice coffees and teas, homemade just baked homemade pastries, cheese and deli meat, eggs, milk, yogurt, homemade granola and French bread.
“Breakfast delivered to your room” is a retail item ($15) that can be added (see tab 'add to room' on our website).Your reservation did not include this item- it was not in t e confirmation letter and there was no card charges for it. Therefore our staff did not arrange for delivery to your room.
We could have accommodated for the delivery of breakfast to your room the morning of your stay, but no request was presented that morning either. (no payment was made for this retail service).
The only ‘breakfast upgrade’ regarding your breakfast was the special request of ‘non dairy’ because of your Crohn's Disease, specifically ‘eggs and bacon’. This what our staffed prepared for you ( besides non dairy French toast).
In regards to your comment that ( quote) : “Overall, the staff seems willing to help with anything but it appears that guests need to be more assertive due to the hours that the staff actually works” it is not clear to me what are you referring to.
First, ignore how do you know “how many hours our staff actually works” . Second, in case that your comment creates any doubts, Outing Lodge does do not have problems to present proof to you or any other person, that , with the exception of the manager and owners ( me & my husband , who live on property and own the business), our staff works normally 8 hour/days and no more than 30 to 40 hours /week, which is a very ‘fair ’ work schedule for this type of business.
We are very sorry to see that you felt the need to check in early (and separately). There is no ‘absolute’ need to check in during check-in hours: we offer a late self check-in ( including written instructions of ‘where to go’) . There is staff that live on site and cell phone numbers posted all over the Lodge for any ‘after hours’ assistance. The lodge’s house is not such a large building and, given the instructions, there are not many possibilities of someone getting lost or not finding your room. If you wish to tour the house, you may request for it in the morning. And if you need any help, such as adding an order for breakfast delivered to the room, you may call the numbers posted in more than 11 places (including each room, main desk and main bar) and we will do our best to accomodate you.
Like I said at the beginning of this response: we thank you for the feedback. We can only improve where we know our weaknesses.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife and I also purchased a Crowd Cut voucher for our stay, and am glad we didn't pay full price. It isn't a fancy old lumber barron mansion turned into what most people think of as a typical B&B. If that is what you are looking for, then this isn't the place for you. This is a former Poor Farm/Nursing Home turned into an inn. If you keep that in mind, then the uniqueness of the building isn't so hard to take. The grounds and the building do need a lot of work, though. I would expect better upkeep based on what they ask for a night's stay. There are piles of junk all around, except for the space they use in the summer for outdoor weddings, which is what they are known for. More so for that than for the accommodations, as the multiltude of wedding photo albums laying around the main lobby attest to. The location is nice since it is out in the country and away from the busy Stillwater downtown. Molly, the front desk employee was very helpful. Would consider going again, but only if on another discounted voucher.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Besides the fact it took me months to actually get a reservation after many phone calls and emails exchanged, they finally let us stay the nite. The property is full of dilapidated buildings and there are piles of lumber and concrete and the actual building really needs an update. Our room smelled old & stale, which built in 1858 isn’t too surprising. Our room was big and the bed was comfortable, but neither the fireplace or double Jacuzzi tub work. And by double tub – they mean hardly a one person tub. We asked when we entered about the options at breakfast as the website says you can upgrade or have it in your room…she didn’t know anything about it. When we came down at 545 to leave for dinner – there was not one person on the main level and when we returned, again not one person to ask about ice or the breakfast or anything. Thought that was very odd. The actual breakfast was fine. We got a deal online, so didn’t pay too much – but if I actually would have paid $250 for one nites stay – I would be very upset.

1  Thank Lynn M
carlota1, Manager at Outing Lodge at Pine Point, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you for your review: Your opinion is important to us and we appreciate it !
We are very sorry that it took you so long to place the reservation; every time we run these deals ( like Crowd Cut, Google offers, or other) we sell a large number vouchers ( it is good business for us and a very good deal for our guests!).
With only 5 rooms in these B&B special packages, it can take a while to place a reservation ( because rooms are rented on a first come , first serve basis). We apologize about this: we have not found a way to solve the problem of the high demand vs. the limitations on the deal, except to recommend patience to those with less flexibility or, for a fast booking, please try more flexibility on the dates and rooms : we still have many openings in our calendar.
We are very sorry to see that you were disappointed by the fact that there is no one at the desk after 5 pm. With only 5 rooms rented and no event on site, it is not operational for us to schedule a front desk person 24 /7, as a ‘hotel’ would do. Outing Lodge is not a hotel, it is a B&B. in general B&B do not offer overnight ‘concierge’ services.
A large ice bucket and bottles of sodas, plus coffee and teas are set overnight on our main lobby buffet table for all guests to serve themselves.
This being said, all fireplaces and Jacuzzi are in use. We just tested them again today and all are working fine with no other reports malfunction.
If this was a first time using a particular Jacuzzi or fireplace for some guests it might be complicated to get it going. For this reason , ‘after hour assistance’ signs are posted all over the lodge, including each room and main area. There are 3 different cell phone numbers to help for 'after hour assistance' issues like the ones you mention. Our family lives on property and we are glad to help. It is a real pity that for some reason you could not reach to us by phone: we would have been very happy to provide more ice or help turning the Jacuzzi or fireplace.
Thank you for acknowledging our continuous construction projects and improvements. The buildings need permanently upgrades and there is a lot to do at the Lodge. If you go to our website you will read in our front page the following note for our “April Almanac: while we are anxiously awaiting for the colors of Spring in our beautiful gardens, we want to let you know that the next months will be snow melting and construction season at the Lodge. Please bear this in mind if you visit us before the daffodils and the tulips bloom. Note also that we will make sure that while our improvement projects are taking place, they will not affect the expected comfort of our B&B and events guests. “

Thank you again for your feedback: we can only improve if we know where the weaknesses are!