“Good lunch and close to the bike trail”

The Sweet Stop and Sandwich Shop
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Preston
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed September 24, 2016

The deli has a good selection of sandwiches and salads. My wife got a green salad and she got to chose the exact ingredients. I got a tuna sandwich, good tuna salad on a delicious roll. I got to chose a side from the refrig, and my macaroni salad was great. The staff, and I think owner, was very accommodating and friendly. There is a small shaded patio area which made for a very enjoyable lunch. The place is only a couple of blocks from the bike trail and the deli provides bike racks. This was a real fun place for lunch.

Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

We rode our bicycles to Preston and stopped by and had some local sodas and treated ourselves to some home made cookie bars...yum. This is a little shop, but everyone was very nice....inside seating or they had a few outside tables where we enjoyed the beautiful day. Another great place along the Root River Trail! They also offered sandwiches and soups which looked really good.

Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

Two blocks off the trail. Lots of choices of sandwiches, breads, including gluten free, salads, drinks, desserts & coffee. We enjoyed the outside seating in the "Oasis" under the cute umbrellas. Also have indoor seating with good air conditioning. The ladies were super friendly and offered to refill our water bottles! :) We'll be back this fall for sure!

Reviewed July 10, 2016

Nice little family owned place in Preston with home cooking and homemade pies (for the most part). The owner was working the restaurant when we stopped in. She is incredibly gracious. My husband had a huge BLT sandwich that he really enjoyed. He also raved about the home made macaroni salad with ham. I had a piece of chocolate/peanut butter pie. The pie was good but not great. If we stop back in Preston I will try a different flavor.

Reviewed June 8, 2016 via mobile

We were surprised that there was a line at the counter even though we were eating a late lunch. This is essentially a sub shop with sides and dessert. The bread was amazing. The egg salad filling was generous. The soup was hot and tasty. Pleasant place with good food.