US$129
US$137
US$124
US$99
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$90
US$150
Country Inn
All reviewshotel keyventilation systemcaribou coffeecasino floornon smokingadjoining roomsfitness centervalet parkinggolf course viewslot machinesnice roommini fridgerv parkhot tubnice stayking bedcoffee maker
Reviewed June 13, 2018

The rooms were nice and comfortable, easy access to the casino and I like the fact that they have security checking for cards before you can access the hotel portion. ONE NOTE: I was there for a conference and we ate at one of the fast food take out locations in the casino in the evening. Four of us got sick for two days we all ate the same thing and all got sick. The casino was great to play at in the evenings. The staff were great they lost my reservation through our group booking as we had about 100 rooms booked. They resolved very quickly and got me sorted out.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Clint S
MysticLake, Mystic Lake Social Team at Mystic Lake Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

I’m terribly sorry to hear of a claim that four of our guests purportedly became ill after dining at our establishment. I wish someone had contacted us immediately so we could have investigated the matter. We take pride in serving good tasting safe food at a reasonable price. It’s a shame we didn’t have the opportunity to follow-through on this.

At Mystic Lake, we strive for excellence and guests bringing issues to our attention helps us to provide a better experience for everyone. We take pride in the quality of the food and service we offer at all of our restaurants and always want our guests to walk away satisfied. May I suggest that in the future if there is a suspicion of a food-related illness to please contact the management immediately so we can investigate the issue?

No one in the restaurant industry wants to be associated with serving unsafe food, but without details of time, date and menu item consumed it appears we missed the opportunity to either verify or disprove the aforementioned claim.

Joan Kowalsky
Restaurant Chef
Promenade Restaurants

Reviewed June 12, 2018

I stayed in the brand new Promenade Tower last week (6-5 to 6-7) while attending a conference for work. It was beautiful! The room was clean, spacious, and beautiful. The shower was the most magnificent shower, it was like receiving a massage from a rain cloud, and big enough to do morning shower yoga. The bed was comfortable, and the pillows were huge and fluffy. I would have stayed a week if I didn’t have to get back to the office on Friday morning. (IF ONLY I KNEW WHAT WAS COMING…. Dun Dun Dun (think ominous music))……

The staff at Mystic Lake were friendly, I don’t think I found a person there that didn’t go out of their way to help me. The food in the buffet was good (the service was even better), there was a nice variety, and food was replenished regularly. Mike at the bar was amazing, everything you could want in a bartender and willing to mix anything we could want. (ONLY COMPLAINT ABOUT SERVICE COMING UP SOON, CONTINUE READING BELOW FOR WHY I WOULDN’T RECOMMEND STAYING HERE TO MY SISTER IN LAW, AND I DON’T LIKE MY SISTER IN LAW)

When I left Thursday afternoon I left thinking that this might have been the best work conference ever. There was food, there was gambling, there was drinking, tons of laughter, and a comfortable learning environment to boot.

But then there was Saturday morning…… Dun Dun Dun (think ominous music)……

Saturday morning I awoke to discover that even though my company had already paid for my room (and several other rooms for my coworkers as well), Mystic Lake charged my card that I was assured was only needed for incidentals. Did they charge it for incidentals? No, because I paid cash or used my “fun” card for all my drinks, food, and gambling needs. They charged both nights I stayed to my card, sinking my checking account into the hole! What an inconvenience, because now I have to ask my husband for money if I so much as want a coffee before work. Also, need to renew my professional license so I now have to transfer money into my husband’s checking account to do, because here it is Tuesday and they still have my money. (Also, note, don’t procrastinate renewing your license because you never know what craziness will ensure, ESPECIALLY IF YOU STAY AT THIS DODGY HOTEL)

First thing Monday morning, the awesome gentleman at my company who handles these kinds of things, began calling Mystic Lake to get this fixed. He started calling at 7:30, leaving messages with various “supervisors” and talking to desk staff, trying to get someone to help resolve this issue. After several calls, 8 hours, and lots of run around, my guy got ahold of “Nick”, some front desk type supervisor. Nick apologized (I wasn’t there but in my mind it was halfheartedly) and said they would refund my money. My guy pointed out that there were overdraft fees from Mystic Lakes unauthorized/dishonest charging of my account, and Nick responded that there was nothing that he could or would do about the overdraft charges. WTF MYSTIC LAKE, AT LEAST GIVE ME CLUB POINTS IF YOUR’RE GOING TO STEAL MY MONEY!!!!!!!!! If I wanted to piss my money away I would have stayed at the black jack table longer.

Anyways, I learned a few lessons here. 1. The next time my brother tells me how much better Treasure Island is than Mystic Lake, I’m going to believe him- because Treasure Island doesn’t do this kind of dodgy bull-stuff (edited due to Trip Advisers policy on profanity) and they care about customer service 2. If I ever do stay at Mystic Lake for work again, I’m going to have my roommate use their card instead of mine (kidding, just kidding; I’m going to convince my sister in law to borrow me hers) 3. Don’t procrastinate renewing my nursing license, because I’m pretty sure I can’t be a nurse without it 4. Don’t trust DODGY MYSTIC CASINO WITH ANYTHING

I’m really hoping that Mystic Lake is going to learn a lesson about customer service here (because this review is going on every review site I can find). Who knows, maybe they’ll find it in their tiny little greedy cold Grinch hearts to reimburse my overdraft fees.

Room Tip: The new tower (Promenade) is amazing
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank JessM_B55782
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

No issues. Room was clean & comfortable. Casino was generous! Great time. Will return. Hotel less than 20 miles from Mall of America & airport. Meadows restaurant was over priced for food was mediocre at best.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
MysticLake, Mystic Lake Casino Hotel Social Media Team at Mystic Lake Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Hi Debbie - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit overall, except for your meal at Meadows Bar & Grille. We hope you will come back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2018

This is a great place to stay! They have many great restaurants and food choices. The steakhouse has absolutely fantastic food cooked to perfection! The casino has such a wide array of slot machines and table fun, as well as pull tab and Bingo offerings. I have gone to several shows there, all A+ You will have a great time!

Stayed: April 2018
MysticLake, Social Team at Mystic Lake Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Thank you for your review, Linda. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we have to offer. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Staff at the Mystic Lake Casino Hotel could not have been friendlier or more helpful! I arrived at the hotel before check-in time. They already had a room for me but there was an issue with my reservation. Carla at the front desk gave me recommendations about places to eat while she resolved the issue. Not only did she resolve it quickly, she called me when it was resolved. This is a huge facility and the next day, rather than give me directions to the conference center as its easy to get lost, she was kind enough to walk me part of the way. I was also making a presentation and arrived without copies. Although this was not part of her job, Tara received permission from her supervisor to personally help me with the copies I needed and to have them done on time--what a relief!!! There were a few things I didn't like (i.e., cigarette smoke emanating from the casino area, buffet food that should have been replaced, etc.), the friendliness and commitment of front desk staff to deliver excellent service, beautiful conference center, among other things compelled me to give this hotel a 5. Thank you for helping to make my stay great!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the golf course and in the new tower. The meadows offers good food at reasonable prices.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
MysticLake, Social Team at Mystic Lake Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Wow! Thanks for the kind words! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and had great experiences with Mystic Lake employees. We will be sure to pass along your compliments on Carla's customer service to her manager.