“Always good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The menu changes fairly often, but it's always good. This is not a well advertised restaurant, but it should be. If you go early, you don't need reservations but if you plan to eat around 6:30 or 7, you'll want reservations, because it's somewhat limited seating.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed March 3, 2018

We dine at Sul Lago frequently because it's close to home. We have traveled extensively around the world, and always remark how Sul Lago is still one of the best places to dine, for amazing food and great service. On our last visit, we ordered our usual calamari and pear martini to get started. The calamari and marinara sauce are the best anywhere. For our main entree, my husband had the blackened salmon salad, and said it was great. My son had the salmon entree, and loved it. I enjoyed the filet tip risotto. Their risotto is also the best! My husband and I didn't have room for dessert, but our son enjoyed the ice cream. We love this place!

Reviewed February 26, 2018

This is my go to spot when I feel like indulging to a 10 out of 10. We have tried many of the appetizers, but on Valentines day we went with our standby of mussels in white wine, basil, onion and butter with a side of bread. This combo is such a delicious starter as we enjoy very well made cocktails from the bar. I had the cucumber martini and she the Rosemary pomegranate, both wonderful and they will get your blood flowing.
For dinner I had the surf and Turf with a 7 oz Lobster Tail and a 6 oz filet. My girlfriend had the shrimp risotto. I realize the surf and turf isn't quite an original meal, but it was done perfectly and we kind of shared back and forth because the shrimp risotto is a great accompaniment to just about anything on the menu, especially beef and seafood.
One dish I would recommend that somebody needs to try before they fall off the earth is the cioppino. It is so full of flavor that I've only had something similar when on the shores of Newport beach with fresh seafood piled in it. Additionally, the mushroom or seafood risotto here is so far and above anything we've ever eaten at other restaurants that its a must every time we go.
There is just one thing to keep in mind when dining here, it is not cheap. It adds up real quick and is the reason for me, its tends to be kind of a special occasion type place.

Reviewed February 16, 2018

We dined there last night and it was very good. It was our first time there and it's really a cute little place to eat. Food was really good and service was just as good. Not cheap but if you want to stay close to home and have a nice quality steak definitely give them a try

1  Thank Dee R
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Perron's Sul Lago has been in Prior Lake for a long time. We used to go there frequently but moved away. Last night we went for dinner. It's difficult to give the restaurant a fitting review as we were offended that the bread basket costs $3. Now $3 is not much but it is the principle that irked us so much. That's clearly a first for us and honestly is offensive. Yes the bread was okay but $3 shows the priority of the owners. The food? 5 Stars without a doubt but be prepared that a couple, for dinner with one glass of wine a piece can run over $100 for the evening. Yes, that includes the $3 bread basket.
We won't return.