“Russian community feel - good food - very mediocre service”

St. Petersburg Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 20 Restaurants in Robbinsdale
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Bar Scene
Good for: Bar Scene
Reviewed January 31, 2016

The food at this place is pretty good. Two of the people in the party had a steak with a large mound of mashed potatoes and a side of buttery vegetables. Another had the classic stroganoff which was a delight to look at and he said was excellent. I had the
chebureck which is a fried puff pastry dough filled with smoked chicken. My meal came about 10 minutes after the other peoples food came. Mine was also pretty blah. There were long gaps of time between when the waitress came back to our table. My husband asked about dessert. She came back with the dessert cart about 10 minutes later. He and I ordered a cake and she disappeared without asking the other people in party if they wanted dessert. Same behavior when it came to check. Okay, given the poor service we were pretty disappointed to see that the restaurant puts on an 18% gratuity. Gratuity charge is based on food, beverage and tax. Our waitress did not deserve an 18% gratuity. We had reservations for 7. There was only 2 other tables of diners in the place so it is a bit baffling that we were given a table at the back of the restaurant. This wouldn't be a big deal except that they have a singer at the front and a dance floor so it would have been nice to have been able to see that. I think this would be a great place to hang out and become one of the people that they know as the place really feels like a close knit Russian community. We probably won't be back given the built in gratuity. We prefer to tip based on the service we receive.

1  Thank savytraverlor43323

Reviewed August 29, 2015

stopped in caught happy hour their drink specials are two for one vodka based drinks- 9 to 13 dollar range, worth it. Bartenders service the tables to and tend to get caught behind bar and lost track of our table, they had live music- we had bar apps and found the food and other patrons to be great-- we will return

Reviewed August 27, 2015

So this place is really like no other place I have been. It's lavish a extravagant and a delightful change of pace. The decor will just blow your mind. You should go on a Saturday night and hope to catch some amazing live singing - in Russian! I had the roasted duck, and it was really good and had great flavor, but was a bit dry. My friend shared some of their cabbage roll with me and those were rich and amazing - think comfort food. The bread - bread there is sooooo good! This place would rock out a first date or an anniversary dinner! Oh yeah - they have truly great vodka and the prices for drinks are good - they are mixed smooth and strong.

Reviewed August 21, 2015

A friend of ours has been trying to get us out to Robbinsdale to try this place forever. On a Saturday night in September eight of us showed up to celebrate his birthday. What a fun time! The bartender, John, was a blast and the White Russians were as good as everyone says they are, if slightly unconventional.

Steve and I shared some cheese blintzes and then I had the Chicken Kiev and he had the lamb. We both completely enjoyed the food but his portion was laughably small.

The bartender, John, makes you feel like you are lifelong friends as soon as you walk in and he is great at making recommendations. I am a vodka girl and would choose it over any other alcoholic beverage so take it from me when I say that their infused vodkas are SO good.

At the end of the night, the bill was a mess and nothing was separated. It took four or five people four or five intoxicated attempts to make any sense of it and it was still all a guess. Ask for separate checks!!

2  Thank Dita D
Reviewed September 29, 2014

They have a 2-for-1 happy hour special during the weeknights. The bar area is fun and inviting. The have high top tables and a few low top tables. But the drinks are nummy. The only complaint is the the wait staff was not very quick when I was there. They tried to make up for it - but that left a little sour taste in my mouth (and no, it wasnt due to the Sour Appletini I had!)