“Sunday afternoon visit”

Ranked #108 of 324 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Wildwood is the perfect local sports bar and grill for watching the most important games on TV. With great food, plenty of TVs to go around and a casual dining atmosphere, Wildwood is your go-to sports bar for any sporting event. There is always something going on at Wildwood. Check out our special events calendar for our live music schedule or to find out what promotions we are running for the big games of the night.
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Great menu. Large variety. Solid pricing. Great portions. Great food. Kids ate free on Sunday afternoon.
Cuban was excellent. Chicken nachos was a meal for 2.
Definitely going back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Jim N, Owner at Wildwood Sports Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Thanks for your rave review, z308 – We're happy you liked our cuban! We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

We have enjoyed Wildwood since they opened. They have always been creative in their approach to their food and offerings. The staff has been attentive and always recommended delicious dishes. But that was the past.

Eight of us decided to head down for dinner and drinks. My friends were hesitant and said they had had bad luck the last few times they had been in. We insisted we had always had great service and food so they agreed to give it another shot.

They weren’t that busy for a Thursday night but it took a very long time after tasting a few beers to get our drinks. And when you serve a lot of beers on tap you better know your product. Inaccurate information on two of the beers made us send them back although the waitress ignored our complaint and waited on two other tables before fixing the issue. She disappeared after that and I was ready to get up and find the manager when she finally came back and asked what we wanted for dinner. I told her we really wanted to start with appetizers. She seemed surprised and then insisted on taking our dinner order as well even though we wanted to take our time. And you guessed it, our dinners came out before we were even half way through our appetizers.

The waitress just didn’t seem very happy to be waiting on our table and to be honest, we weren’t even difficult! I even asked her if she wanted to help us and she said she was just so busy. Really?

As far as the food, it’s lost it’s zing. The menu looks like all the other restaurants in town. The pretzels were ok but the sauce not so great. The cheese curds were like everyone else’s and the ranch came in a closed container which I found odd. My dinner, the chicken avocado sandwich was cold as were my tater tots. I sent it back and the second go around was better. Chicken wings and tater tots cold as well. Chicken nachos weren’t anything special either.

As far as we are concerned, the creativity has left the building and so have we.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Hidden prices was very frustrating. We asked what our choices were for sides our hostess listed: chips, fries, colslaw... We thought these were all included, so we picked fries. Later on the check we found that the fries were +$2.00. Ours sides of ranch were $.40 ea. and my Mom asked for a side of cajian sauce (came on her BLT) our hostess gaves us the rudest look and said they don't have that. We explained that it is on the sandwich and she didn't have any on it. She, 15mins later, arrived with it. and we were charged the $.40 for it.

I am fine if there are extra charges, but please have the host explain this.

-Side note: An elderly man was telling the host his order and she said loudly, "What did you say?!" It was beyond rude. Not even a 'pardon me?'. Manners are need very badly at this establishment.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018

Friday 6/29 was a very hot windy day and we made the mistake of sitting in a booth next to the patio door that constantly opened so I would not sit there again and overall the atmosphere and décor is not appealing. The service was not great, asked for a water and never got one, the food came then she did not come back for awhile for drinks or to see how everything was. The food was OK, ordered sliders medium and they were probably medium well or well but sliders often are over cooked..they were good and if I go back I'd order them again. The loaded tots were also good, nothing was great and due to the atmosphere I am sure to go to Newts before here when in town and wanting bar food.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

My salad didn't have hardly any dressing, I ask for more. She charged me addition 40 cents. When I confronted her, she said I need to take it up with the manager. Food took forever to get too. #wontbe back

Date of visit: March 2018