“Disappointed 😢”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2018

We really liked this restaurant. So nice to just stay put in the Hotel eat and go back to your room. You could even have a cocktail! Good wild rice soup! What happen? One week it was here next week closed! Bring it back! Please! Is the Holiday Inn gonna close too?

Reviewed May 3, 2018

We dined here before, but it has been at least a year so we thought that we would try it again since we recalled the food being pretty good though the service was astonishingly terrible.
This visit, we feel the service may have improved just a little, but still not very good.
Just like the last time dining here, the place is nearly empty on a Sunday evening at 6:30 pm. This restaurant is located inside the Holiday Inn, so one might think that it would be busy with hotel customers, but I guess they may wander outside the hotel as there are many choices and Terza is right across the street. I still believe people are missing the boat for a good meal by not dining here. Sure the menu is limited, but the entrees are very good and expertly prepared. I had the Alfredo Penne Pasta with Chicken. Adding the chicken was $3 extra, but I really didn't need it, the pasta with fresh mushrooms was SO delectable and delicious. One side comes with the meal, I chose a salad. My wife had the Southwest Chopped Salad, very good she said though the server mixed up on the dressing. We had two glasses of 14 Hands wine nice brand at only $7 each. Our server Julius was friendly but seemed very inexperienced, made some mistakes, and his service was slow even though the place was almost empty he spent a lot of time in the back or chatting by the bar. I would imagine the management here do not pay servers very much, hence the inexperienced wait staff.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

Not your normal hotel restaurant. Thyme was warm and inviting with a simple varied, reasonable priced menu. Erica was our server and made for a fun and enjoyable dining experience. I asked Erica for a recommendation between 3 options and she chose the pizza. She said it is fresh and made to order and it was. They also offered gluten free crust for those interested. My sister had a burger with some interesting toppings and she loved it. My brother-in-law had a steak sandwich which was also very good. Our meal was so good, we gave it a try for breakfast in the morning, since we were in the Holiday Inn. I had a simple breakfast and it was good. My sister had a veggie skillet and she said it tasted very good and the veggie were perfectly done. My brother-in-law had an everything omelets and it looked wonderful and it was. Ian was our server and was friendly and professional. Ian did have a bit of a rush, but he handled the situation cool, calm and collected making sure everyone was taken care of. If you are staying at the Holiday Inn or near by, stop and give Thyme a try. I hope you will be as happy as we were.

Reviewed October 27, 2017

We took our nephew here for a nice dinner and visit, but we ended up having such horrible service it was actually comical. I will preface this by saying that we came with a Groupon. We sat down and ordered our drinks and looked at the menu. My husband and I are gluten free so we generally know what we can and can't eat. We ordered a steak sandwich with peppers and cheese on a GF bun and mashed baby red potatoes with a salad. Our nephew ordered a chicken salad. When our order came out our server told us he had good and bad news-that they were out of the garlic mashed so he brought me steamed broccoli instead. He then proceeded to put a plate of SALMON in front of me. When we corrected him he apologized and found our dinner and asked if we wanted fries instead which we agreed. We ordered another round of drinks and continued to wait and wait for our drinks and fries, The drinks finally came after we were done with our food, but still no fries. He apologized and said he forgot, and offered to take ONE drink off of our bill. The bill came and he had failed to take off the Groupon. When we pointed this out he said that he forgot because it was so long ago that we ordered! My nephew's salad was decent, but the entire experience was awful. Although we still tipped 20 percent on the full value of the meal, I wanted to leave nothing. As we walked out I thought I had forgotten my phone and my nephew laughed, "Please don't make me go back in there again!" There are far too many nice places to go to eat in Rochester. Choose a different one.

1  Thank Luvndbison
Thyme2016, Manager at Thyme Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

I would like to apologize for the experience you all had. I am completely embarrassed by this. This is by far not our standard. The server has been dealt with in a proper fashion. I would like the chance to make things right and show you what our standard is. If you would please reach out to me directly at downtownholidayinn@gmail.com I would like to discuss this more with you. I apologize again for the experience you had with us!

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

I was seated and the gentleman took my drink order but didn’t give me a menu. He then took my order and didn’t write anything down. When my food came out it was all wrong; I asked for no potatoes, there was potatoes, I asked for scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and spinach, it was over easy and no cheddar cheese. He also forgot to bring out my wheat toast. When he finally came back with the toast after he forgot about me again I didn’t have time to get my order right and had to leave. The worst part is he still charged me for food I didn’t order or want. Traveling is what I do for a living and I will never go here again or stay at Holiday Inn. It was not a smooth visit.

1  Thank Gladys W

I would like to apologize for the experience you had with us. It is not our standard and I have went over this review with all of our servers. I hope you would be willing to give us another chance to show you what we can really do. We would like the opportunity to make this right. Please feel to reach out to me directly at downtownholidayinn@gmail.com

Been to Thyme Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!