“Looked forward to having Mechi's chicken and was disappointed”

Victoria's Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #11 of 323 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Victoria's is an award winning Italian Restaurant with over 100 menu options to choose from. We scratch make each dish and offer over four private dining rooms. We have a full bar and an extensive wine list.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I rarely go to Rochester but went to a training last week and was excited to eat at Victoria's since I LOVE Mechi's chicken and never get to have it since I live too far away. My server was excellent and took my order right away. However, when he brought my meal, I was quite disappointed to taste that it was not as good as I remembered. That had been a really garlicky dish and I was waiting for that flavor when I took my first and then my second and succeeding bites. However, it just tasted blah, like pretty much NO flavor. I will say that they put two larger chicken breasts on top of my pasta and I appreciated that but the meal itself really tasted like nothing. So, I ate the chicken out of it and packaged the rest up to take home, hoping that when I warmed it up the next day for a meal, maybe it would have more flavor like many dishes made with pasta tend to do...or maybe my taste buds were off when I originally ate it. But no, when I heated it up, it still tasted like nothing. At $18.99, I would think it would be better than what I had and what I remembered it tasting like. But I guess the good thing that came out of that experience is that I probably won't crave that or waste calories going there anymore. I am sure many of their other dishes are great but that meal on that day was just meh...

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is the cozy little Italian restaurant of your dreams. Decent wine and beer list plus the best red sauce I have ever had. All pasta dishes were wonderful; stuffed shells were exquisite! During our 4-night stay in Rochester, we chose to dine here twice.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

While Italian dishes are most varied; the entire menu is great. Have gone back on every Mayo Clinic visit for the past 8 years.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 10, 2018

A group of coworkers were in town for a seminar, and stumbled upon this gem on our way back to our hotel. Wow! Great staff, outstanding food. Our waiter talked us into dessert to go and it was amazing. We will definitely stop again, and will definitely be getting dessert!

Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

What can I say? All I’ve tried is the Portabello Walleye and it was lovely. Perfectly cooked, well balanced flavors. Connected to the Mayo Clinic by the Subway system, though difficult to find. Much easier to take a few steps outside and enter from the street - weather permitting.