All reviews jimmy johns mini suite caribou coffee sandwich shop across the street mayo clinic free parking methodist hospital free breakfast underground access subway level convenient location gonda building the subway system two queen beds mayo building mayo visit
Reviewed July 26, 2016

The rooms have been redone and the beds are comfortable...but always wish, no matter where we are, to have more comfortable extra chairs in the room! Sitting on the bed is not my first choice. But we have always been there during the week and it is a quiet hotel. Swimming pool is very cold and shallow.

Room Tip: Use this hotel to go to the Mayo Clinic
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank MinnesotaNeeCee
Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here because the location was prime for my brother-in-law's surgery, literally right across the street from where we needed to be. We had to park down the street due to their parking area being closed for cleaning (which I put no blame to them for, they have a right to do maintenance). The doors to the rooms are difficult to open. The key works fine, but the door is heavy and catches and we would have to shove to get in! Bathroom door was the same. We are in our early twenties and it was a nuisance for us, elderly folks and children will struggle with these doors. My brother-in-law with his arm in a sling would have problems getting in. Our room was mildly clean. Beds were made but there was dust on every surface and the bathroom was indecent. Stranger hair on the toilet seat, floor and in the shower. Their breakfast is great, good variety and wonderful wonderful help, David is very helpful and kind, A+ for the Breakfast nook. This place is a good location but needs work.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank hannahk8
Reviewed July 25, 2016

I checked in to this hotel because it was really close to the clinic. I wanted a king size bed and ended up with a room with two queens. The bathroom floor was very very dirty it looked like the room was in dire need of a deep clean. The bed that I slept on was lumpy and very uncomfortable. We don't normally sleep with AC but being on the west side of the building we needed to and then the AC was so loud no sleep. Carpet was dirty the cleaning person didn't pick up the pillows that had been laid on the floor after the 1st day. Internet was iffy at best. The front desk staff was very helpful as was the service guys. Did not like any of the food joints as the food was mediocre and overpriced. Overall this was one of the poorer hotels that I have stayed in and I have been in some pretty crappy places. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room my experience was not good.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank hammer3n
Reviewed July 24, 2016

"Nice place to stay"
Very friend staff nice people and clean room.
Nice cleaning guy.
Very good breakfast.
Free parking.
I love pool mini suite double bed.
Hotel across street mayo clinic.
I Like restaurant close by hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Sheri K
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

De'Angilo Funches was extremely helpful when my mom needed a recliner! He brought one recliner, but when it didn't work, he found a super nice one that was perfect! She couldn't have slept without it! Then, when she wanted to know what kind of chair the good one was, he was gracious enough to crawl under and around the chair to find the model number and other details. What a sweetheart!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business