All reviews jimmy johns mini suite caribou coffee mayo clinic sandwich shop across the street free parking methodist hospital underground access free breakfast subway level the subway system two queen beds gonda building convenient location hard boiled eggs parking ramp
Reviewed January 13, 2017

Checking in was easy.The staff was very nice. Everyone I met everywhere from maintenance in the hallway to front desk staff, all were super nice and friendly. It was 1 degree with wind chill of -25 yet the hotel and the tunnels were nice and warm. I loved it. I had a double bed (queen?) mini suite. Nice couch and chair. Loved the table and chairs in the kitchen area. Never ran out of hot water anywhere. The beds were a little too firm for my liking so I used the comforter from the other bed as a bed topper and then slept like a dream. There was large flat screen TV that worked just fine. The main reason I booked this hotel though was for access to Mayo. It was great but with one caveat. The tunnels called the subway go through the Mayo and some of them close down at a certain time. I was on the other side of the Mayo when the closed. I had to walk outside to get back to the Kahler Inn and Suites. It was only a minute and half walk but it was minus twenty or something. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room tip: Breakfast nook is 2nd floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
KGManager, Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

texastraveler122009-

Thank you for your thougtful feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a good experience with us. We look forward to your next stay!

Regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2017

We stayed here because of its proximity to the Mayo building. The staff was super friendly, from the desk help to the breakfast servers. They were helpful with parking (free ramp, plus overflow ramp - free that night and all next day!!), directions, and suggestions. The breakfast has hot eggs, delicious sausage from Austin's Hormel, fruit and breads. The Caribou coffee in the lobby is nice; there are complimentary Minneapolis newspapers in the lobby. The room was clean and the bed so comfortable, I didn't want to get up. We will come back here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience!

Regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2017

The best feature of the hotel is the proximity to the Mayo Clinic. Everything else was barely OK. We booked a room with two queen beds, but upon entering the room we realized that the beds were double. We complained with the person at the reception, she replied that we were wrong and in any case, since we booked with Hotels.com, there was nothing she could do for us. I called Hotels.com, and their representative called the hotel, but he was given the same answer. Only after more complaining, they told us that they were going to measure the beds, and if they were indeed double size they would have moved us to a room with a king and a queen. When we returned from dinner we were told that we were right, and that they were going to move us to a suite with two queen beds (no mention was made of the option we were given before). Needless to say, also these beds were double, not queen. We called the front desk one more time, but she said once more that this was our only option. At that point it was late, we were tired and decided not to pursue the issue anymore, but we did not have a comfortable sleep. Both my husband and my son are big guys and that is why I booked a room with bigger beds.The rest of the room was OK, the decor is quite old and tired. The bathroom is also very small, and the complimentary toiletries were substandard for a 3-star hotel (only soap, shampoo and conditioner, not even body lotion). Breakfast was barely edible. Hot food was lukewarm, donuts were stale. It was OK for one night, I would not recommend for longer stays.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

Wife and family members stayed here 4 days while visiting mayo clinic. Very impressed with hotel, staff and grounds. Was close to mayo clinic. Free breakfast was nothing great could use a little more attention. Would stay again

Trip type: Travelled on business
KGManager, Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2017

Robert-

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear that you had a good experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 6, 2017

Nice area, very clean well taken care of! Mayo clinic is close close to downtown town and mayo civic center and all major events!( close to parking! Good price! A nice town to visit! Nice bar and good fried chicken!

Room tip: Top floors seem better!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Mike-

Thanks for the feedback! We are very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay!