“Fresh and Yummy”

Tonic
Ranked #15 of 311 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Ukrainian, Cafe, Soups
Description: Tonic is a neighborhood gathering place. It’s the perfect place for meeting friends for a cup of tea, enjoying a smoothie made with locally sourced ingredients, or feeding your entire family. We know our community. We know our suppliers. And we know that our family recipes for borscht and pyrohi, our specialty bison entrees and fresh soups, juices and delicious bread, are the kinds of things you want to eat. From a comforting family meal to a beautiful and delicious catered array of appetizers for your home or office party, Tonic is prepared to deliver a one-of-a-kind dining experience that will appeal to everyone. We serve hearty breakfasts served all day, wraps, salads, and soups to fit your needs; gluten free, nut free or dairy free? We do it. The most delicious juices featuring fresh berries and veggies? We do it.
Reviewed February 9, 2017

We visited Tonic just before 5pm on Thursday and were the only customers in there. The waitress was very sweet and accommodated us with no dairy in a smoothie my daughter ordered. I ordered the California Juice which was fabulous and my daughter really like her smoothie. We also had the Buffalo has which we shared and all was enough for both of us. The food was presented beautifully and even the sweet potholder for the main dish was delightful. The potholder reminded me of the ones I used to make as a kid. The place was very clean, lovely decor, and many selections to choose from that anyone eating a clean diet could chose from. Prices are fair for what you get. As we were leaving we saw a large group heading in from motel across the street so glad we got there when we did. I would definitely recommend this place and we will go again when we are at Mayo next time. They had desserts but I would not label it as a dessert shop.

Reviewed January 2, 2017

Amazing to find this healthy, wholesome food option right across from the hospital. I ate here nearly every day, sometimes for breakfast and lunch. Always impressed with the food. It's probably how I was able to lose a couple of pounds instead of gaining weight as I would expect if forced to stick with hospital cafeteria food or any of the greasy options at other local restaurants.

The prices are exactly what you would expect to pay for the quality. I would have paid more just to be able to eat real food for the week I had to stay in the area. Very nice staff, made ordering things to go a breeze.

But the portions are so big that you can easily make 2 meals out of them so really the value is quite good.

Get the turkey wrap and kale chips!

Reviewed December 7, 2016 via mobile

Second time, amazing food, very fresh. Convenient right next to Mayo hospital. Love the fresh juices, local food, and healthy choices. Unique approach. Very friendly staff.

1  Thank timlitz
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

Perfect place for my daughter to get fueled up between swim meet sessions. Great smoothies and soups!

1  Thank Douglas H
Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

The smoothies here are good though not great. Its location directly across from St. Mary's Hospital makes it very convenient but probably drives the prices. Figure on $9 per smoothie. Service is brusk and not very friendly.

LadyHostess, Owner at Tonic, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2016

John, sorry to hear you did not have a friendly Tonic guest experience...we train to smile and serve in a friendly and comfortable way. We will use your comments to grow. As far as prices go, buying organic and local drives that. Our smoothies range in price from $7 to $9. Which smoothie did you have? Perhaps we can work to improve it. Thank you for being our guest and for your review.

Been to Tonic? Share your experiences!