“Great food and good beer choices ”

Grand Rounds Brewpub
Ranked #37 of 323 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

They do brew some good beer...I will go back to try more. However I was most excited about the food!!! The Kung Pao cauliflower was amazing!!! There are a lot of tasty looking options on the menu that I will go back and try! I was not disappointed by the food for sure! My curiosity on their beer was peaked so I will go back and check out more!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Standard Disclaimer; I am an older, overweight male who likes to eat. When given the choice between quantity and quality, I prefer quantity. I don't like moles, sauces, or gravies on my food, as I don't want anything disguising the taste or texture of my food. If you happen to be Vegan, vegetarian, or an anti-glutite, feel free to stop reading this review now. Nothing personal, but I tend to like eating what you all dislike. I never mention my penchant for submitting reviews to Trip Advisor when out, as I want to be treated like any other patron. In addition to not writing "fake" reviews, I also don't solicit anything of value, nor would I accept anything of value, in return for writing a review, much less a positive one. My reviews are based on the quantity and quality of food at the time of my visit, as well as the ambience and the service while there. This is a rather subjective exercise on my part. My reviews are based on my opinion and mine alone, and may not necessarily be that of Trip Advisor or its subsidiaries.

I happen to be in Rochester, Minnesota on health related business at the world famous medical clinic located in Rochester. My wife and I are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on North Broadway Street downtown. The Grand Rounds Brewpub is across the street to the south from the Hilton property on 3rd Street. In fact, Hilton staff told me that they use Grand Rounds to provide room service in the hotel. My wife and I were looking for something light for dinner, so to the Grand Rounds we went.

The restaurant is home to a working brewery and the only beer served at Grand Rounds is beer they brew on site. The place is kind of funky and there was a younger population there when we were there (Tues. Oct. 2, 2018 around 6:05pm). We sat ourselves and a server came to give us menus within a couple of minutes. Although I tend to not like soups (after all, what could be more "sauce" than a soup ?), I decided since I was cold, I wanted to have chili with cheese and fritos, with a side of brussel sprouts. My wife had the 3rd Avenue burger with a beer. The Brusell sprouts were halved and sauteed. Then they were finished off with a sweet tasting sauce of some kind. The sprouts were quite good. The chili came in a small cast iron pan. It was thick, maybe a bit too thick considering the melted cheese on it/in it. The chili was done well too, although the portion size was a bit small. The chili was not soupy at all. Service was quick and efficient, and not intrusive at all. Total tab for our food was around $30 excluding tip.

In all probability, we will be coming back to Rochester, Minnesota. Grand Rounds will be added to our list of restaurants for the return trips.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2018

This was the first visit and stopped for a light dinner. Was seated at a table on the sidewalk. The menu offers a wide array of Pub Foods including flatbread pizzas. Ordered the meat lovers flatbread pizza for $10. This could be an appetizer but as an entree it was more than enough for one person. Found dining at The Outdoor Cafe seating very pleasant on a summer evening. The pub was busy and the service was a little slow but efficient. The meat lovers flatbread was excellent.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

I'm not sure why I haven't been here sooner because I have definitely been missing out on some excellent food! The menu has a nice variety of items to choose. We tried the Nashville hot chicken sandwich and the pork belly sandwich. Both were fantastic! The fries were also really good. I will be going back to try more soon.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 20, 2018

I usually get the Beef and the Bird sandwich. Egg and beef and onions. It is great. Be prepared though, it is messy also.

Date of visit: June 2018